What's new

Slight Judder/shake

waj1974

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord i-ctdi
Guys,
Just noticed only today, when pulling off in first gear theres a slight judder, only happens in first gear though, any ideas what it can be??? Thanx...

Yep, sounds like you have a leak in the system drawing in air as I think you had this problem earlier this year too and adding clutch fluid fixed it.

Clutch fluid ;)

Yeah Sorry, tried that, but it still shakes/judders, it's hard to describe but it's like when you approach a roundabout and are in a high gear and the car starts to judder, I recently had a new driveshaft put in could it be that? Only does it at low revs pulling off....

Yep could be driveshaft, these cars are very sensitive to changes in steering and drivetrain components.

Waj, what driveshafts did you replace with, original honda or motor factors???

mechanic says drive shaft is ok suggested maybe clutch judder as it's cold weather....not sure if that is the case...

Seems unlikely to be the weather mate, having you done a full swap of clutch fluid and bled the system yet?

Not Yet andy, gonna hopefully get it done tomorrow, could that really cause the judder when moving off???

Well im not convinced it will mate but the rule with sorting these things is check the basics first and that way your not guessing too much. Also its a good idea to bleed the clutch every year and its a quick cheap job to do.

Clutch judder when taking off, thats just 1 or 3 things, Gear oil leak onto clutch (worn seal) glazed clutch (popped it into 5th instead of 3rd accident type event) or worst still water (mis-judged that puddle for a river)

All of which can sort them selves out. Mine clutch is worn, but not slipping, and if left for a day or 2 it judders taking off, until warm then it goes away. so could be cold related.

When The driveshaft broke from the gearbox side oil was leaking from there so it could be that like 93 accord says gear oil leak onto clutch but I hope it sorts itself out or else am I looking at a new clutch??

I thought about contaminates on the clutch surface but I would have thought the judder would be noticable in more than just 1st gear. Regard colder weather, its true you can get condensation on the flywheel that can cause this but its normally burnt off very quickly within a few minutes.

yeah your right mate, just googled it and if it was condensation it would burn away quickly. I get no clutch slip, biting point is very low, im a bit baffled on this one, im maybe also thinking engine mounts???? its got 135k on the clock... i will defo get the clutch fluid changed though...

On the flywheel? ah right well then i can fix mine issue then haha, im missing my timing hole grommet, i can see my flywheel!

Mines defo condensation tho, as its gone after like 2 take offs