What's new

Snow foam formula

93 accord

The 4th gen'er
Reaction score
Car
1993 Accord CB3
Can it be done, my pressure washer has a bottle on it, that you can fill up, and a setting on the lance to spray a mixture of solution and water at a low pressure, i think most half decent pressure washers do this.

My question is can i get away with putting snow foam in that rather than buying a snow foam lance?

I know the foaming ablity of a proper lance maybe more, but even if its 50% efficient with the pressure washer might be worth it.

Just checking then really with the people on here who use snow foam, their thoughts.

Marcus im sure this will not work but give it ago i might be wrong

I don't think it'll be as good as a lance, but the super sprayer http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-and-drying/super-spray-hose-end-sprayer/prod_335.html works pretty much the same way as you are describing. I have one of these, I get some foam, but not enough to do anything really! It could be my solution though, it just seems to run of the car very quick. You can try mixing up a very strong solution of standard shampoo and see if it does anything.

It may work but i wonder if it will foam enough! You want the foam quite thick so that it stays on the car a while to do its job, I have a feeling it will probably be more liquidy and not cling like it should. Got my snow lance from cleanyourcar and can say its an excellent piece of kit and worth every penny :)

Marcus, I tried this on my Karacher and it didn't work. The reason it does not work is the foam lance draws in air to mix with the super concentrated foam to produce a thick snow foam...Tried and failed ended up buying a lance, and it's fantastic. You won't be dissapointed...

Thanks guys, so what i suspected then, too good to be true, cant really use the pressurewasher.

i will have to consider the cost of the lance with the snow foam idea then, just considering it for the winter months what with the salt and stuff.

Wash and wax might be enough need to weigh it up.

If you want max winter protection i would recommend sealing then waxing your paint. Would be worth stripping back any existing wax, then depending on condition polishing. Pick yourself up a bottle of jet-seal 109 sealent and follow instructions, usually first coat really polish into the paint, leave 20min, buff then second coat just apply as a glaze and buff off again. After this use a good quality wax and your all set to fend off the dreaded salt. Sealent is fairly cheap and you prob already have a good wax so shouldn't cost much, top up the wax once a month if poss. Snow foam will aid cleaning but not really required, hope that may help :)