What's new

SOHC to DOHC conversion

Luke.machin

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord 1.8 vtec s
I have a F18B2 SOHC engine in my accord 1.8 vtec and i have heard that you can convert some engines over to the DOHC was wondering if this was possible with mine and if so what series would i need?

Thanks Luke.

Don't know if it's possible, but I guess it would be much easier and cheap to install swap your engine with the one from an Accord TypeR.

Just buy a type r. It's as easy as that. Next time I see you I'll take you for a quick spin, and you'll see why you should.

was just wondering if it was possible to do, yeah i need to get one! just trying to get rid of mine!

Apparently it is possible to do as the blocks are pretty much the same, but there's a lot of work involved. As the H22 has a bigger bore, stroke, different compression etc. So as far as i'[m aware the head won't go straight on.

I was going to say don't bother with a head swap, just not worth it. Either put a H22 in there or buy a Type R....

Paul

I would go for prelude h22a5 engine. as it is cheaper and found more often. it is obd2 also, so just plug and play like h22a7.

There is an ATR on the owners forum for £1600 with some tasty mods.

When you can get the real thing for that sort of money, no point in engine swapping unless your car is an absolute head turner.

When doing an engine conversion, the best idea when you get the donor engine, is to get the engine, gearbox, loom and ecu as a package. Have a look at Joshes thread about the conversion mate.