What's new

Some complete idiot........

phil the greek

Members
Reaction score
Car
'05 accord tourer
My '05 petrol 2.0 tourer has just come back from a faultless 6000 mile hike round Europe. Now done 76,000 miles. Didn't use a drop of oil on the whole trip, though MPG went down to low 20s when the climate control was asked to keep the cabin at 21 degrees when it was 42 degrees outside in Italy.

Whilst in Italy, some complete knobhead decided to swing their vehicle past the side of my car (mine was parked) and left it with several fairly deep scrapes down the side.

There aren't any dents, and I sure as hell ain't putting in an insurance claim. What I want to do is to rub it back and maybe apply a touch up pen, if such a thing exists.

Do Honda sell these things? are they a rip off? is there a cheaper alternative?

thanks chaps - phil

Back luck Phil.... good news is Honda do them for £6 or so.

Halfrauds apparently do pens. Which can be topped up with oem if needed.

Yep as Dan said i got mine from dealers as well and a perfect colour match as well.

Its a knightmare someone did this to my MB6 Civic in France but creased the doors :( And she who must be obeyed just reversed my tourer into the neighbours car :(

Sorry to hear that Phil,

As Dan has said, you can pick up the touch up pen cheaply from Honda.

Have a look around on some detailing sites etc, for some tips.

Very difficult to completely remove all traces, but do it well and it won't be noticeable to the eye from a distance.

You can get very fine sandpapers for the job etc
Sand products, but will also need to polish it all back up.

You may get a better result by using a clear coat touch up pen also, which will help gloss the finish better. Biggest issues are time as IMO it is best to build up in thin layers, drying in between.

Its a knightmare someone did this to my MB6 Civic in France but creased the doors :( And she who must be obeyed just reversed my tourer into the neighbours car :(

Sorry to hear that Dave

What damage was done to the rear?

Smashed back light and scuffed the corner of the bumper the golf she hit needed a new door! All done now apart from getting my bumper painted which can wait cost £130 so far with a 2nd hand light for mine and a door in the right colour fitted to the golf.

Thanks for the replies gents - much appreciated - looks like a phone call to the local Honda Stealership