What's new

Someone who know about honda stream?

rhyeung

Members
Reaction score
Car
SPORT TOURER
As I'm going to pick up a car for my wife for the first car, I choice a very rare car in the uk but it's honda car,2004 stream 2.0 ES sport, does anyone know, and does this car has a good club forum like TA? the engine is I-vtec and it's done 80k on the clock.

As far as I know, it has some positive feedback about this car, finger crossed man! Lol

Yes mate, I just knew his wife has stream before, I will pick up the car tomorrow night, will post some photo.

I've driven a couple taken in p/x, I like them and would buy one if I found one for the right price. They seem to command a bit of a premium though for their age, I guess it's their rarity? They move quite quickly for what they are which is quite nice. I seem to recall reading that they were the result of Honda wanting to make a sport MPV :lol:

Oh and they look the shiznit in a bodykit, you see a lot of JDM ones rocking lips, skirts and spoilers and they look great B)

The Honda Stream, the best car we've ever had :)

The K20 is the same as the Accord, CRV, etc and the gearbox is pretty good (it's a 5 speed AT as found in the Accord, the CRV is a loooong 4-speed). No real forums I found for this in the UK, but TBH, most of it can be gained from this very forum.

No real common faults, though rear-pads are rare and better gotten from the dealer for some reason. I had to replace the front shocks after 98K miles, but if you saw how the Missus would clear speed-ramp you'd understand.

It's a solid purchase, that I would do again.

Thank Jason , I hope wife love to drive this, just let her drive my accord last night for the first time, I was there in the passenger seat, what a nightmare, slow, wrong gear changing, too panic too turn causing car stall, and then start again with hand brake still on! I was real angry as It will causing hand braking damage.
And we had a argument after that! I didn't know how she could had pass the driving test for her first time in about 28 lessons! She must be real lucky.

Josh2109 said:
I've driven a couple taken in p/x, I like them and would buy one if I found one for the right price. They seem to command a bit of a premium though for their age, I guess it's their rarity? They move quite quickly for what they are which is quite nice. I seem to recall reading that they were the result of Honda wanting to make a sport MPV :lol:

Oh and they look the shiznit in a bodykit, you see a lot of JDM ones rocking lips, skirts and spoilers and they look great B)
The one I got the deal from is £1850 plus whole year tax on it, very cheap for it's age and condition I would said..if she won't cost me anything after, I would then seeking some modification like what I did to my accord, some body kit could be cool, wonder where can I get them as it seems quite rare in uk now
And is the IVETC engine need grade of oil is 5w-30 right? I've seem 0w-30 from coz Honda website, or it can use either one doesn't matter? Will service her shortly..

luckboy16138 said:
Thank Jason , I hope wife love to drive this, just let her drive my accord last night for the first time, I was there in the passenger seat, what a nightmare, slow, wrong gear changing, too panic too turn causing car stall, and then start again with hand brake still on! I was real angry as It will causing hand braking damage.
And we had a argument after that! I didn't know how she could had pass the driving test for her first time in about 28 lessons! She must be real lucky.
^^ This is exactly why my Wife, as much as I love her, will NEVER drive my car.^^

:D

Osiris said:
^^ This is exactly why my Wife, as much as I love her, will NEVER drive my car.^^

:D
My wife will never drive my accord again now lol..

lol you guys need to train your partners :lol: Laura can hop into anything and drive it these days! :D when we first met she wouldn't drive anything bigger than a Fiesta, these days it's not uncommon to find her storming about in the Isuzu lol.

Josh2109 said:
lol you guys need to train your partners :lol: Laura can hop into anything and drive it these days! :D when we first met she wouldn't drive anything bigger than a Fiesta, these days it's not uncommon to find her storming about in the Isuzu lol.
I was pushing her to drive my accord man, and blame her that she unable to drive properly, I felt guilty now. she only a brand new driver, hope she ok with stream, just got the car back tonight, very sweat driving very comfortable. Just found left ring Eletric mirror has problem...

I'm only teasing about the driving matey, it all comes with experience and she'll get there :) When I first got my licence aged 17 I kept stalling my Audi all the time as I had learnt to drive in a little diesel Vauxhall which was much more forgiving :lol:

Glad you're enjoying the stream though, the engine/gearbox combo is definitely a good one for the size of the car. Hopefully the mirror is an easy fix!

Lol..! Yea mate, everyone need experience to a new thing and I felt my wife she done well enough. I would double check the car, bring some more pic to this topic

Josh2109 said:
Haha - her ability is not in question, she is a good driver and loves her cars too. She drives a 2.5 V6 Mondeo (I swear she just wanted a bigger engine than my 2.4) and she would hate me driving that as well. She also used to have a V8 land Rover Defender 110 so size of car is not a problem.

We just disagree on driving style, speed, proximity to Cyclists etc and if she drove my car I would be constantly telling her she was in the wrong gear or to speed up and an argument would quickly occur :D

The downside of this seems that we have inadvertently slipped into a childish arms race to have a a bigger engine than the other. It looks like i'm losing until I can get a 3.0 Legacy Spec B -_-

Funny you should mention Legacy's, I will have a BH5 wagon up for sale in a couple of months! It's a GT B E-Tune II with the 2 litre 280 horse power twin turbo boxer lump in ;) rare as rocking horse poo manual with leather interior as well :eek:

Josh2109 said:
Funny you should mention Legacy's, I will have a BH5 wagon up for sale in a couple of months! It's a GT B E-Tune II with the 2 litre 280 horse power twin turbo boxer lump in ;) rare as rocking horse poo manual with leather interior as well :eek:
Wow, that is interesting.. What will the sale price mate.