no. 2 disc was missing so after disc 1
had finished playing the CD changer
got confused.....its stuck on ERR.
cant eject the other discs and cannot
load either. Now when i turn the ignition
on the changer goes through an horrific
sounding routine trying to reset. is there
any point pulling the dash apart?
is the changer easy to get into to reset?

I have to say this is my 3rd accord and
2nd diesel and with the latest problem
with the dreaded 66 error code and this
im feeling very disillusioned (sorry for spelling)with HONDA. Previous diesel had the manifold
change, aux belt change on my own cost.
too many problems.....sorry for the rant.
HONDA make engines its just a pity they
dont make all the add on bits as the engines
are bomb proof!

You have to remove some of the trim to get to the Radio CD Changer. Then you have to undo some screws, unplug some harness, remove the body, undo some more screws to remove the changer. Then if you do not know what you are doing, find someone who does and let him open them changer and see if it can be fixed. My advice is to find second hand unit. Fixing this one might cost you a fortune.

try disconnecting the -ve lead from the battery for half an hour, I doubt if it will make any difference, but you never know. If it does work, take out all the DVD's and only ever load one from now on ;)

thanks lads, ill try the cheap less hassle fix first. Disconnect battery. As i thought getting into the dash is a big job

I don't see the logic behind this. Detaching the battery will not make it spit the disc, if it is stuck. The more you try to make it fix by itself, the more damage you will make to the changer.

crown_bg said:
I don't see the logic behind this. Detaching the battery will not make it spit the disc, if it is stuck. The more you try to make it fix by itself, the more damage you will make to the changer.
sounds logical

Bulgarian logic missed "Now when i turn the ignition on the changer goes through an horrific sounding routine trying to reset", so it's doing it anyway?

Removing battery power from the car resets many systems in the car, but I'm not sure if the head unit has continual power or not when the ignition is off. IIRC a similar thing happened to the autochanger in my car some time ago when I wanted to remove all the CD's, but it never came up with ERR. IIRC when it stopped making a noise I switched off and disconnected the battery, then when I powered back up and switched on, it cleared itself, but the fact that it then behaved itself long enough to get them out, might have been coincidence. I managed to get all the CD's out, and I only put one CD in at a time now. It's worth a try, it won't make it worse.

didnt get a chance to try it before my last post so i'll do it tonight
if I get my car back this evening

[its currently having its bosch ABS module tinkered with. I got a reconditioned unit . . .]

thanks for the info lads. If I can get the discs out it will be a bonus!

Alright, let me clarify what I meant as I have gutted out couple of Accord 7th Navi devices.

This horiffic sound, if it is what I think it is, is checking for discs in the beds. If you have an empty bed, then checking will make that sound. If you change to next or previous disc it will make that sound. It will make that sound if disc is not playable and will spit it. It will make this sound when inserting a disc while placing the disc in an empty bed. This sound comes from the mechanism as it is a small changer and does it by design.

Now if it is another sound you talk about, i.e. making the sound while trying to play a disc, then it is a hardware issue. Resetting the software of the vehicle will not fix a hardware issue. Usually if the changer is rejecting a disc, this means that either the disc is not playable, or scratched too much, or the mechanism is faulty, all hardware causes.

^ that's useful info ;)

I know that I had a problem like this ages ago when I tried to get a disc out, or maybe after I had taken one of the discs out, can't really remember. But I do remember that I couldn't get any disc in or any other discs out, but I think that I eventually managed to get them out by switching off etc and then straightaway jumping to the last/6th disc and taking that out, then the 5th etc. It did worry me at the time, but maybe I was just fortunate, and never had the ERR message.

If I have time these days, I will take a photo of the changer, you will be amazed how the Japanese made it. I have never seen that small 6-CD Changer. I never opened it to see what is inside, as there lies very fine electronics and I move displace something by mistake I will never be able to place it back in its original position, not to mention I could brake something and not even notice it visaully, but find out later the hard way.

right lads, thanks again for the
info. It turns out it is totally my fault.
Attacked the dash and changer
last night and it turns out a
cd label had peeled and jammed
the disc. The cd changer is in fact
very compact!

IMG-20160818-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20160818-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20160818-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20160818-WA0003.jpg

back together and working perfectly again but

I have to take the dash apart again as my parrot system is not powering up :-(

ah well should be a quicker job this time around.

got the parrot talking again, one of the block connectors into the DVD player wasnt pushed home fully! fully operational again.