What's new

Space saver wheel standard on 2.4 EX?

1dav989

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Tourer Type S
Hey,
I've just picked up my new car bought from a honda main delaer at the weekend. Its a 57 plate 2.4 EX - everything seems to be fine apart from I have now noticed there is no spare tyre and no tool kit - I didn't look under the carpet in the boot before buying it.

I thought these were standard - there is no tube of foam stuff instead either.

The manual shows a space save wheel and tool kit which sits on top - is that right?

What chance have I got of getting this from Honda - they obviously didn't check it over properly before selling it.

Thoughts??? Cheers!

Hi, my 2.0 litre Ex came with the spacesaver...I think it should be as standard, but I can't say for definate.

As you bought it from a main dealer I would definately have a word with them - you've got more chance of them helping you out than some random garage. If no luck with them, I'd call Honda HQ...

Hi Dave, The tyre and tool kit are standard kit on a 2.4 57 plate ex , Got the same car same plate with space saver and toolkit, might be worth a chat with the dealer you had it from.

Steve

thanks guys, have spoken to the dealer who is "going to make a few calls" - not sure who to exactly, but hopefully to the parts department next door!

Presumably the comprehensive check they did before I picked the car up didn't include checking the standard equipment...

Ok so the dealer is sourcing a new spare wheel and toolkit which I should get soon.

But it has now got me thinking - why was it all missing in the first place???

The spare wheel well is painted silver but my car is black - is that normal? Shouldnt' the colour under the carpet be the same as the bodywork?

I hope I haven't bought some cut and shut job....

Please can anyone let me know if this is normal?

Thanks

Hmm. Can't think why the wheel well would be a different colour to the rest of the bodywork.

Normal practice is to paint the whole car as a bare shell then add all the lacquer etc to the visible parts. I'd have a look at other less accessible places to see what colour they are. Is it possible to lift the carpets or remove the door rubbers to see if there's a dirty big weld there?

Do they still do the 14 day honda happiness deal?

Ok I've pulled some of the carpet up in the boot and its mostly a grey/silver kind of colour.

I've added some pictures to show - what is the yellow stuff that is all along the back edge of the boot?

Is this normal or is it covering up some dodgy welding? I know I may be worrying about nothing but I've only had the car a few days and am always nervous when buying second hand cars for the first few weeks of ownership!

Please can you guys put my mind at rest or ring the alarm bells for me to take it back to the dealer!

Thanks
Dave

14092011760-1.jpg

14092011759.jpg

14092011758-1.jpg

14092011757.jpg

14092011756.jpg

think mines got the yellow stuff too. Bit dark now but will check my boot tomorrow and see how it compares with yours.

That would be really helpful if you could have a look and compare with yours - would def put my mind at rest if it is looking similar.

Thanks v much!

Dave. Just had a look at mine and its exactly the same as yours. Sorry to worry you yesterday, but I always thought mine was black inside. Booking a visit to specsavers...

Looks nice from the pics. The best colour choice too!

Thanks Matt - really appreciate you checking that out. Makes me feel sooo much better about it now!

Still trying to get hold of the replacement tool kit for my Accord.

The dealer says it comes in a bag which goes underneath the spare wheel however the Lings website shows something completely different when I type in my registration number. It shows a number of tools that fit into a case that presumably sits on top of the spacesaver wheel?

Here's the link to the Lings parts:

http://www.hondaoriginalparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection_pfk.php?block_01=17SEA701&block_02=B__4400&block_03=3171

Can anyone let me know what I should have exactly? I don't want to be fobbed off with the wrong stuff by the dealer.

Thanks!
Dave

This is a 4 year old car. It needs a jack and a wheel brace and a spare wheel. Why care whether it's wrapped up in the right colour blanket!

if i remember right all accords came with them as standard so personally i would go down there and confront them and see what they say but thats what id do personally