What's new

Spacesaver Wheel

fingers202

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord cdti tourer
Looking to get a spacesaver, running 225/45 17 wheels, which spacesaver will fit, or should I look for a 16" wheel tyre combo? Again, which wheels from which models will fit?

Thanks

Think you will find standard space saver fits all - 16 - 17 or 18s! it will have the same rolling radius as all of them.

agree with cliff

I don't think the Accord 15" alloys will fit on the 2.2 diesel tourer front wheels because (I think) they have 300mm brake discs. The 15" will only fit the 2.0i petrol where the front and rear discs are 280mm.

You could use a 16" as a spare, you would probably have issues squeezing 17" wheels into the space for the spare wheel - there was a thread on that. You just need to maintain the same radius, accord alloy wheels do pop up on ebay or on here.

The correct space saver should fit and work fine, it looks like this : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Honda-Accord-Space-Saver-Spare-Wheel-Kit-2008-mod-/150470590040?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2308befe58 . second hand ones do pop up now and again on ebay.

Hi
Just get full size wheel, I got an epsilon as a spare in my tourer. I had to remove few bits thou to make it fit under the boot floor.
See my post here:
spare wheel
Dan

Beware of fitting spacesavers to the front as you might come across a similar prob to what i did on the atr.
If you get a puncture on the front you have to fit the space saver on the back and the back wheel on the front as the space saver will not clear the front caliper

Thanks for your help. I now have both a spacesaver 16" and an Epsilon wheel which fitted in without taking anything out. Will flip a coin over what I take on my hols....

Will check the front fitment out also.

thanks again.

Take the Epsilon mate - saves you faffing about if you have a front wheel puncture.