What's new

Spare key

hale-pope

Members
Reaction score
Car
10 i-dtec tourer ex
So I got my spare key, which was priced well at £90, including 'fitting'. It is just a key and not the all singing and dancing fob. Trouble is, if you lock the car with the remote fob and then unlock it with the key, the alarm goes off. Big flaw here!!

Wow, thats an eye watering price for a key.

The battery was dead in my spare and when I replaced it the fob was no longer working with the car (little light was turning on with button presses but was not locking or unlocking).

My local honda garage said they will charge by the hour to get it working with the car .... "because they dont know if there may be a problem with the car stopping it from working" even though the other fob is working. I suspect dealer is trying to maximise average revenue per customer (i.e, rip me off)

I'll get it sorted at the next service while they are doing trim beside windscreen and get latest software done then as well.

If you go for the all singing and dancing fob it is nearly £300, hence I say that £90 is 'well priced'. However, if we lock the car with the main fob and want to drive the car with the spare we can do so but only with the alarm blaring!