What's new

Spare Key

gtv

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord tourer
Hi folks, just a quick question, I only have one key how hard is it to reprogram a spare one?I got a quote form my local dealer and had to sit down lol.
I see I can get uncut keys on ebay from around £35 and then it will need programming. Can that be done without the dealer?

I saw a thread a week or two back about buying a flip out style key from ebay along with a 3 button insert. It had nice pictures too.
I have now bought the eBay flip out key and key fob, but now I can't find the walkthru on how to swap it all over. maybe someone will be able to help us all if they can find it?

I did find this link which is supposed to help re-programme the fobs, but unsure if it actually works...
http://www.wikihow.com/Program-Factory-Honda-Acura-Remote-Key-Fobs

Thank you for your post but it is doing to do with programming keys.

Ah thank you but thats for the remote locking, how about the transponder?

No any other solution apart from bring the car and key to the main dealer as far as I know! which is what I need to do, I've got just one key also!

Unfortunately our Accord is not post 08(?) BMW, can be program within 2 mins with a blank fob key and a device from eBay lol

Just get a local locksmith to give you a quote. Should be around £100. We have a guy in Doncaster that can do the job lot for £70