Speaker wiring colours

Jan Accord

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord CN1
Hi all :)
Hope all of you are well

Few days ago i had a chanse to buy some aftermarket speakers for my car very discounted and i did, but now i have a little problem.

I searched all around but did not find anything so if there is any info regarding this please just post me the url.

I taked out the tweeter on the passenger side but i can't recognize which colour is the positive pole and which negative.

One is pink with black stripe and the other is black with red stripe???

If possible, i will be gratefull if someone could post the speaker wiring colour's for all the speakers

The car is a 2006 saloon 2.2 i-CTDi Executive with sat nav and Premium Sound System

Thanks in advance

Poslano z mojega SM-N910C z uporabo Tapatalk

Darn, I was hoping what I had upstairs on my bench would help but probably won't, anyway I post it in case it helps others or maybe even yourself in some way. This is from an ISO converter I had upstairs with a cut part of the head unit loom plugged into the OE connector of the ISO converter, but it came off a petrol premium system:

LF- = YELLOW
LF+ = RED/BLUE STRIPE
RF- = RED
RF+ = BLUE
LR- = PINK
LR+ = BLUE
RR- = PURPLE
RR+ = LIGHT GREEN

Strange wire combination but there you go.

I take it nothing marked on the tweeter? and both the same size terminals? spade?

I think I have a manual somewhere on another laptop, if you're still struggling will try to look into it.

I found this from an American manual for a 3.0 version Accord:

Black/Red = R Tweeter +
Pink/Blue = R Tweeter -

Blue/Orange = L Tweeter +
Grey/Blue = L Tweeter -

Or final resort, connect it up and if the wrong way it will sound 'out of phase' almost like a stereo wide sound, if wired correctly it will sound 'normal' or in phase. Might be a bit hard to hear on a tweeter but sensitive ear like mine could pick it up.

Thanks for the answer.
I bougt trough ebay some conectors for the speakers and the shape is ok to plug it on the oem speaker conector but i just don't trust it...chinese...
Tomorow i will check and will update

Jan Accord said:
Thanks for the answer.
I bougt trough ebay some conectors for the speakers and the shape is ok to plug it on the oem speaker conector but i just don't trust it...chinese...
Tomorow i will check and will update

Does it have different size on the terminals? sometimes they have a narrow spade and a wide spade. Narrow usually minus and wide usually positive.

The oem terminals are the same so from that can't be decided which is what.

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/585cbd16c599f/pcs-824_2_.jpg?

This is the conector i bought and as you can see there are one red/positive and one black/negative wire come out from it so in that case i should not fail anything for the door speaker.

But the dubt is still there...it's chinese...so i will not put my hand in the fire for this conector that they are 100% certified product.

The main problem are the tweeters because i was not able to find any kind of conectors/adapters for them so i will have to do it custom.

Will take apart and update

Right tweeter
Black/red +
Pink/black -

Left tweeter
Blue/orange +
Grey blue -

Salim said:
Right tweeter
Black/red +
Pink/black -

Left tweeter
Blue/orange +
Grey blue -
Thats it :)

Now i'm mounting the tweeters ( Alpine SPS-110TW ) and tried the difference only with one tweeter...like night and day...waaay sharper, louder and "softer" sound

Does that could work on our cars for adding and amp without custom wiring and hi-low converters?

PAC AUDIO AOEM-HON20

According to what I see on the internet about this device it seems to allow you to connect an after market HU to the existing car amplifier without additional HI-LO converter so it must be sort of HI-LOW itself this box. Diagram also shows it allow connecting another amplifier too. Interesting product.

There are many users of it but mainly on USA Hondas and Acuras so for this reason i asked because just don't want to order something i can't use...
In jour opinion should this thing work on EU cars?
The conector seems to be the same to me :)

Looks interesting, that will bypass the stock amp meaning you will need your own amp and either patch back into the stock speaker wires or run new ones.

The stock headunit actually outputs a proper 4v 'rca' signal. Nothing was available years back so I just soldered in RCA and ran to AMP.

Word of warning, the signal meant to be balanced so you run the risk of introducing noise. Though mine was fine.

Ha, I was thinking of doing just that Salim. Interesting to note the OE unit is a 4v output.

No that will not bypass the stock amp... The stock amp will still recive the signal from the HU but before it enter the amp it splits to that "add an amp" system so you will still get power from stock amp but only can add an amplifier with the signal from the HU... This is the way i understand that system

Jan Accord said:
There are many users of it but mainly on USA Hondas and Acuras so for this reason i asked because just don't want to order something i can't use...
In jour opinion should this thing work on EU cars?
The conector seems to be the same to me :)

Best guess it should work. Taking an educated look at it having worked in car audio many years ago, I doubt Honda/Alpine would change the pinout for the audio output on the harness plugs for the same/similar OE HU whether it is used in US or Europe. Too much cost involved in doing that unless there was a significant difference that an entirely different main PCB was used internal that supports the audio chip. From what I found during some tests even the non premium high output HU has the same audio channel pinout as the premium low level audio out, for the UK ones anyway.

Salim said:
Looks interesting, that will bypass the stock amp meaning you will need your own amp and either patch back into the stock speaker wires or run new ones.

The stock headunit actually outputs a proper 4v 'rca' signal. Nothing was available years back so I just soldered in RCA and ran to AMP.

Word of warning, the signal meant to be balanced so you run the risk of introducing noise. Though mine was fine.

Isn't 4x50w the stock HU? Like a "normal" radio?

Not in that sense, the wiring out of the stereo is all Low level signal.

Good to know.
Somewhere in here i readed that the door speakers get only mids and the 6x9 only bass because of amp integrated crossover but in my car i get full range in all 4 doors.
It's a executive 2006 with sat nav and premium sound system.
The discussion about audio is very mixed on this forum

I can't remember but did think the 6x9's were bass only... Is that not the case on yours?

Yes they are but one discussion on here were about mids in all4 doors but this does not handle for my car.
Now i dropped in some Alpine coaxial 2 way spakers and the tweeters are playing like crazy in the doors

As I know it from memory the doors only get mid range from the stock amp. Your co axials should be ok, if anything the tweeters should be underwhelming

Salim said:
Not in that sense, the wiring out of the stereo is all Low level signal.
For 'premium' units yes, they use a low level output into a small amp behind/underneath the OE HU. For non premium HU they are high output to drive speaker unit directly.

Little help need

If i install an amplifier integration interface like PAC AOEM-HON20 which is conected to the output lines of the OEM amplifier, will i loose any power on the speakers conected on the OEM amplifier?

Hi Jan

I was looking at your question and got a bit confused and had a look at the 'PDF' instruction for PAC-AOEM-HON20 as available here:
http://www.pac-audio.com/PACProductData/AOEM-HON20/1_Instructions/aoem_instructions_120100.pdf

According to this PDF instruction this AOEM-HON20 can be used in two ways but one thing to note is this cable seems geared toward the 'Premium' audio setup in the 7th Gen Accord which uses the OE amplifier.

Option 1; Adding an after market radio with high speaker output, say 4x45w, and wanting to integrate with OE amplifier. Use 'Cables for replacing factory head unit' use cables 'A' and 'B'. This basically behaves like a HIGH-LOW converter.

Option 2; Keep OE head unit, Keep OE amplifier, add additional amplifier. 'Cables for adding or replacing factory amplifier' use cables 'C' and 'Amp RCA Cable'

If I am correct you are wanting to do 'Option 2' keep OE amp and add additional amp. Looking at the PDF instructions it is possible to add an additional amp whilst keeping the OE amp supplying audio to the OE speakers.

LF- = YELLOW
LF+ = RED/BLUE STRIPE
RF- = RED
RF+ = BLUE
LR- = PINK
LR+ = BLUE
RR- = PURPLE
RR+ = LIGHT GREEN

Is this speakers cables are taken from back of the radio connector ?,are they they run to the amplifier directly ?

How do I know which blue colour is right one ?