What's new

Spoon Sub Frame Rigid Collar Kit

dinoc

Members
Reaction score
Car
2008 Accord Type-S
Has anyone tried the Sub Frame Rigid Collar Kit from Spoon ?

http://www.spoon.jp/eng/database/details.php?id=1065
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWyUD6UXfog

on my list further down the line. Noone i know has fitted a set to any honda so far. People do for drift cars though

on my list further down the line. Noone i know has fitted a set to any honda so far. People do for drift cars though

any plans for the morn yet??
i meant to be @ knockhill but the weather aint looking too promising :(
see monster unit are at ingliston for the modified show, open till 2am :eek:
i reckon it might get a bit out of hand

ive looked into these aswell, and will definately be on my mod list further down the line.

A few people have fitted these on there TSX int he US and some positive feedbacks from them!

any plans for the morn yet??
i meant to be @ knockhill but the weather aint looking too promising :(
see monster unit are at ingliston for the modified show, open till 2am :eek:
i reckon it might get a bit out of hand

Nah, lazy day today buddy. After smcs at ingleston is jdmyo meet at hermiston gate 7pm. Cba goin that either.

looks like a worthwhile mod for the older/higher mileage cars around, think i will look into this nice spot.

Ryan I'm looking forward for your feedback :)

Any idea how difficult is it to install this ? I'm trying to figure it out the install costs for this.
Is a wheel alignment required after installing this ?

Any idea how difficult is it to install this ? I'm trying to figure it out the install costs for this.
Is a wheel alignment required after installing this ?

Looked into this before and seems it wont take long if you have access to a lift. the subframe doesnt not have to come off completelyl. Bolts jsut have to be loosened. and then inserted one at a time.

I see, but after installing this I guess an wheel alignment is required , right ?

I see, but after installing this I guess an wheel alignment is required , right ?

I would think that it wont cause the alignment to be that out, but if you havent had alignment done for a while then it would b a good idea to get it done, to get the best out it.

`Yes I'm thinking to put this at the same time with the new clutch, I believe the transmission should go off during clutch install and I think an alignment is required after installing back the transmission.
Tough not sure if I'm right ..

`Yes I'm thinking to put this at the same time with the new clutch, I believe the transmission should go off during clutch install and I think an alignment is required after installing back the transmission.
Tough not sure if I'm right ..

Yes it would be a good idea since i believe the subframe has to be off to change the clutch? Good time to put a lightened flywheel aswell i think.

You wont need alighment if its jsut a clutch change. But depends how long its been since you done a alignment? or jsut uneven steering wheel. then a normal tracking will be enough. unless the car has been lowered.

You have your local UK suppliers : spoonsportseurope.net or spoonsports.co.uk or http://www.rigidcollar.com/
I've ordered mine from Japan , japanparts.com

These are much bigger than I've thought

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I will install them this spring

sweeet!!! do let us know how much difference it makes cos im very intrested! and did you get stung by the VAT?

They look bigger than the ones i've seen at funkypower :eek:

i think if u unpack it, its atcually in 2 parts. the smaller collar and then the bigger disc.

Yes, there are 2 parts the thick disc and collar, but what do you guys understand from the fitting instructions :

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This parts together (disc + collar) goes to the yellow spots only (nothing to blue) right ?

Also I'm a little bit concern about the thickness of the discs, doesn't this affect the screw length of the bolt ?
Or does that disc go into some "place" where it won't impact the screw length of the bolt ?

Sorry for my English not sure if you understand what I mean ...

i dont think it will matter as the subframe bolt is very long, and there should be suffient thread to hold on, plus when its tightened the collar is actually flatened. dont think you need to worry.

The steering rack rigid bushing kit from Spoon arrived also , it will be installed at the same time with the other sub-frame rigid collar kit from Spoon
IMG_20121019_150732.jpg

PS> also the Wavetrac LSD and 4.7 FD arrived - it will be installed at the same time with the clutch
IMG_20121019_223230.jpg

IMG_20120908_172709.jpg

oooooooooooooo those kinds of parts really excite me! Get some install pics but most importantly a review of them all, especially the subframe collars and steering rack ones too.