What's new

squeel / moan / groan / screech

alnug

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Car
Jaguar XF S
well i've been experiencing what can only be described as a squeel / moan / groan when i pull off from a stand still...i though it was the belt but took it to the dealer and they said that it was the power steering pump......it changed now..under warranty and the car sound good again..in fact it seems to pull off easier....the clutch engagement seems nicer.....i guess the pump may have been stiff causing the belt to squeel...anyway that is a

clutch master cylinder and a power steering pump changed...what next lol

[edit this is most likely caused by the release bearing and possibly aggrevated by a fault clutch master cylinder]

Al was this noise similar to the noise in your last one, as I'm wondering if it could be the same with mine,if thats so i'm sure a water pump is cheaper than the clutch?

power steering pump.

mick i posted this for info only...it doesn't happen on the new car, but i suspect if it's been happening a while it has probably done something to the release bearing in which case proibably remedying the underlying fault would still cause it to make noise...have you tried lubing the master cylinder and changing the clutch fluid just to make sure there is no air in there?