What's new

Stabiliser bushes and drop links - Which ones?

James91

Members
Reaction score
Car
Hi all, just bought a Honda accord tourer, all is well but it does have knocking rear suspension, need to replace the stabiliser bushes and drop links I believe (I hope). Can anyone recommend the correct parts and the best place to buy them? It doesn't look like euros have the parts or I'm being :wacko:

Thanks
James

Check out eBay mate get some Meyle HD drop links they are awesome and get 2 year guarantee from them mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys ill order these Meyle drop links then. Is this HH people are referencing on these fourms holdcraft Honda?

Maybe HD droplinks are good and they don't have the stupid Allen Key sockets you can easily remove them with 2 spanners if you ever need to.

Thanks for all the help everyone, all ordered, 5 squids dearer than those lemforder ones after discount at euros but they seem better designed and well recommended, stabilisers ordered too

Cool mate there good and nice and chunky knuckles [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right so Ive removed the rear roll bar and drop links completely and as I didnt have time to finish the job. I've been driving without it and I still have the kloncking noise.
I done an oil change, 3 filters and spark plugs in less than 90 mins and then spent 4 hours trying to remove the drop links, now to find out the problem lies elsewhere!!
I've done the 'push' test on the shocks and they seem fine, however could they still be the issue? What else could it be.. top mounts?

Is the noise continuous or does it only happen when you travel over a bump or similar? Also does it occur if moving left or right. At a guess I'd say check your springs, a snapped Spring will produce a knock and usually some interesting handling.

Only uneven roads and humps, not related to cornering. The springs and shocks seemed pretty new. Dare I say the sound wasn't as common today with a proper drive, I'll refit the anti roll bar with the new drop links and stabilisers and report back