What's new

steering wheel audio controls

Herdy

Members
Reaction score
Car
2005 CDTI Saloon
Hi folks, my steering wheel controls for my stereo have gone a bit odd.. When I try to turn the volume up, it ends up changing channel, I think it'll be an easy fix but I've got no idea how to do it, I've tried changing the mode but it doesn't seem to help, any input will be greatly valued :)
Cheers.

OK, just got into my car to try and sort it out and it was working perfectly. It must have been a glitch in the matrix haha

I have the same happen in my 03 tourer. Intermittent fault and some weeks will be ok then sudddenly it will be back to mental. I've learned to live with but wouldn't mind a solution if it's not going to cost much (like free)

It hadn't sorted itself after all, like you say, it can go days without doing it and do it out of the blue, I think I will just live with it. Glad it's not just me though

OK, would anybody be able to shed some light on this, my steering wheel controls have all given up the ghost now. None of them are illuminated, not even the cruise control side.

***ettt said:
I have the same happen in my 03 tourer. Intermittent fault and some weeks will be ok then sudddenly it will be back to mental. I've learned to live with but wouldn't mind a solution if it's not going to cost much (like free)
just a quick update, I think I may have sorted it out. I took my stereo out this morning and the plug on the back of the stereo wasn't clicked in properly and it seems to have sorted it but I've only driven it for half an hour but it was faultless and my steering wheel controls are illuminated again :)