What's new

Stereo head unit

pekay

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Tourer
:)

Hi all, got a project in hand to fit an aftermarket 7" TFT satnav,, it also has facility for music/video and bluetooth it will work fine as a stand alone module but i thought it would be nice to run the audio through the existing speakers.

Ive found info on here about the Ice link and xcar link and found suppliers on Fleabay, but i can't find any info on the make/manufacturer of the head unit, the ebay description states the link is for Pioneer units but judging by Lings it says the head unit is Alpine, any ideas or definate confirmation, i cant see any branding on the unit itself, all i can see is the white connector on the underside of the unit which seems compatible with the ebay items

Linky here ebay item

so will this work guys??

advice from those who have fitted similar would be much appreciated.

Paul have a look here

http://www.tradetang.com/for-sale/HONDA-ACCORD-2003-2007-Digital-TFT-LCD-Special-Car-Navigation-DVD-Player/133040-2107508.html

Its no longer available but there might be an alternative.
There was a thread here a couple of months ago with the same type sat nav but i cant find it at present.

Found it ;)

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/5102-direct-replacement-sat-nav-head-unit/page__st__20

Paul have a look here

http://www.tradetang.com/for-sale/HONDA-ACCORD-2003-2007-Digital-TFT-LCD-Special-Car-Navigation-DVD-Player/133040-2107508.html

Its no longer available but there might be an alternative.
There was a thread here a couple of months ago with the same type sat nav but i cant find it at present.

Cheers Brett, that's a nice looking unit, however i already have a unit and simply need to fit it to the existing console (with a few adjustments to the fascia), i'm hoping someone can tell me the make of the head unit fitted to the 05 Accord as the link cables i am looking at on ebay state compatible with Pioneer unit and Lings have the 05 as an Alpine unit!!. i'm confused!!

I'm sure its a alpine unit

I'm sure its a alpine unit

Thanx matey, i may drop an email to the makers of the link cable, but the white connector seems the same as the one on the bottom of my head unit!!

Incidentally, the display i have is identical to the one in the link you posted, however it is simply the base unit and doesn;t have the fascia surrounds and controls, it works great as a stand alone Satnav and mutli-function unit and is feature packed.

I am hoping to install it where my existing storage bins are located, ie, above the ashtray and below the existing head unit, it will be a relatively simple job but i need to get hold of another unit as it needs cutting to make the space behind, and i want to retain my original parts to replace if i ever swap the car, the trim surround is easily prised away and can be reused on the cut away unit, i will need to make a face plate to fit over the display as i don't want it on view when the car is unattended, this will be the tricky part as it will need to be made out of acrylic sheet and veneered and lacquered and bent to shape in order to fit properly.

If it all comes off ok i will post up a "how to" with accompanying pics!!.

Hey, I've got one for my accord sport, it's got a 10inch screen, fits where the original cd player/heating controls are. Best thing about it is it controls all the heating/ac which I thought was impossible, previous to that I had a single din DVD player located at the bottom unit, it only works in models without the sat Nav units, highly recommend :)

Pekay, all you need is an adaptor and a block of wire cross overs, simple to do, adaptor will cost around £5 and wiring block £3, if you need any advise on how to fit it give me a shout.

Pekay, all you need is an adaptor and a block of wire cross overs, simple to do, adaptor will cost around £5 and wiring block £3, if you need any advise on how to fit it give me a shout.

That would be cool matey, if you could PM me with links to the stuff i need or post up here, i would be grateful, the unit i was looking to purchase plugs into the head unit and then has two RCA adaptors that terminate in a 3.5 jack to plug into the satnav, this supposedly allows it to use the existing speakers/audio controls etc.

Cool, I can't give you the link to the one i have as I'm on iPhone, but will do in the morning, there's a place in Manchester that sells the units for around £280ish, you can make him an offer might give you a better deal, it comes with a 2 year warranty, it's got Bluetooth, Aux, I pod controls, sat Nav, sd reader, USB an etc it does everything apart from make you a cuppa coffee. It's beta then bending ur neck dwn for the other unit, this is at level view.