What's new

Stereo questions

Chris56

Members
Reaction score
Car
2006 I-CDTI Tourer
Evening all. Im a Honda newbee so forgive me if this seems a silly question - I've searched several threads and think i've got the right answer but just wanted to check.

I've taken delivery of an 06 plate diesel tourer in Ex trim. The stereo only has a single cd in it with no changer. On the front it says "2J23". I want to either add a changer to it or install a USB adaptor my Ipod (6th Gen). I've downloaded the 2006 brochure - I am I right in thinking that my car should have a "premium" unit with 6 cd changer fitted as standard, but for some reason it only has the most basic unit?

In which case, which USB adaptor would people recommend?

Thanks

Chris

Hi,

I guess the brochure presents the best possible modification of the specific model, not necessariliy and obligatory every Exec has the same specs.
However I have seen second hand LHD Exec car with RHD HVAC, which obviously has beed done by one of the previous owners.

You can reserach the Accord 7 section, using keywords as USB AUX MP3, where you will find answers to your USB question. At the end it gets down to how much money you can spend on it.

I'm just wondering if it is a single-CD unit, the 6-CD unit looks like a single-CD but you just keep shoving CD's into the slot until it won't take any more.

cheers for the replies - i did try and shove some extra cds in but wouldn't take them!

I've just had a look in my Accord which is the 2.4 Exec, and next to "Premium Sound System" it says "6-DISC CD CHANGER" and elsewhere is the label "2R20"

So for some reason your Exec does not have the 6-CD system.

Note that in another thread a while back, someone else had a system with the label "2J20"

I do like the look of the Xcarlink. Am also tempted with the adaptor discussed in the adjacent thread at a quarter of the price.

Right, after more reading im now even more puzzled.

The head unit is definately a single cd and there are no labels relating to "6 disk changer" or "premium sound system" anywhere on it, however it has speakers in the rear door cards and a speaker in the boot - I thought these were only available with the premium unit and that the std unit was not interchangeable due to an amplifier.

Could be that someone has swapped the Premium Sound HVAC with the before it was sold to you....like I mentioned, I saw LHD car with RHD HVAC, which was obviously swapped for some reason, the RHD was a normal CD, car was with Subwoofer in the trunk.

^ as above

I'll bet the speaker in the tailgate area is not wired up (if it's there)

The Premium system has 4 "voltage" outputs from the head unit into the power amp, and the latter has 7 separate outputs to each of the speakers.
The non-Premium system has the amp built into the head unit, with 4 outputs (the front speaker and tweeter are wired in parallel each side)

Thanks for the replies - I think I need to climb into the boot and check for sound coming out of the sub, then take the head unit out and have a look.

I then need to decide whether to revert to the premium system of just stick with the std. Im happy with the sound quality as is and, if im going to connect the Ipod then I don't think I'll be using the cd much.