What's new

stereo replacements

thats the only thing thats putting me off dan buddy(i do use the car to drive bham and up north here and there)so the airbag is very important. i dont know if it will be possiable to still have the airbag as well as screen in the dash(i have no idea how much space there is behind the dash??? :unsure: )

Well you got the pollen filter and a dirty great fan behind the glove box - perhaps if you could mount the screen separate from the main box, and so that the bag deployed over the screen (such that the force would rotate the hinge forwards and down). It al depends on the space between the various gubbins. Would look blooming wicked if it was on a motorised system and extruded itself from the dash. What holds the airbag system in the passenger side to compensate for the force of the explosion? Newton's 3rd law and all that jazz. It would have to go under and in front of that.

What about a HUD for night time viewing through the screen? Big screen yo! :lol:

Would mean some hardcore dremmeling of the dash and some sturdy framing. Serious VIP mission.

im thinking of having just the screen mounted to the dash, the screen wires will be hooked up to the dvdpalyer/freeview (which im planning on putting it in the cabbyhole) thats the only way, it will be similar to mounting headrest screens to the dvd player/freeview box but just to the dash instead.