What's new

..Still looking for a Type S

Alex_ATS

Members
Reaction score
Car
Want ATYPE-S
I am still on the hunt for a Type-S and am wandering what most people on here regard as usefull extras which are not standard. Just like to know because it will help narrow my search a little if I know a good specced one from a stock one.

Also, Nearly every car I have ever owned I have always modified them in some way. Usual things like uprated calipers, larger diameter discs, springs/shocks, strut/body bracing etc How readily available are parts for these things?

Thanks in advance,

Alex

7th or 8th Gen bud?

An early 7th Gen one, hoping to get a bargain at under £4k so would probably be an 03-04 plate. I would quite like the 5 spoke 17'' alloys and rear spoiler already... Are these part of a "sports package" though or just optional extras?

Have a look here

you wil definitely pick up an early type s for 4k or there abouts. there were plenty in that price range on autotrader when I was looking for my car. there are not a lot of options available other than wheels and sat nav to look out for. as for mods the world is your oyster. all depends how deep your pockets are really.

Have a look here

Thanks for link Dan

you wil definitely pick up an early type s for 4k or there abouts. there were plenty in that price range on autotrader when I was looking for my car. there are not a lot of options available other than wheels and sat nav to look out for. as for mods the world is your oyster. all depends how deep your pockets are really.

...Probably just the usual modifications to make the engine breathe better; decat exhaust, cold air intake like AEM V2. Nothing too costly. Sat Nav maybe usefull - is the OE one any good though?

w
Thanks for link Dan

...Probably just the usual modifications to make the engine breathe better; decat exhaust, cold air intake like AEM V2. Nothing too costly. Sat Nav maybe usefull - is the OE one any good though?

the standard sat nav is pretty rubbish so its not a must have to be honest and I'm not sure if it is available on the type s thinking about it. as for the engine there is loads you can do. have a look on TSX forum as the American Acura TSX is basically the same car with the executive interior just re badged. those yanks are well in to tuning so there is plenty of info for the 2.4 as that was the only engine available in the US.
you will have to use Google to find the forum as i am using my phone and can't supply a link for you and can't remember the address.