What's new

Strange behavior!

nebitomi

Members
Reaction score
Car
HONDA ACCORD 2007
HELLO
I FOUND THE PROBLEM WHEN I CAME HOME AT MOTOTRWAY!
WHEN I PUSH THE GAS PEDAL AND ACCELERATION MY CAR ,TACHOMETER GOES UP BUT CAR DOES NOT GO FAST!!
THIS PROBLEM ,COULD BE CLUTCH DISK WORN?!!??

Hello. Clutch could be worn but without more details really cannot say. Do you have a diesel?
Also have you complete drive from the car?

If you mean the revs go up but car stays the same this is the 1st sign of clutch slip.
Or shall I say clutch plate

Hello. Clutch could be worn but without more details really cannot say. Do you have a diesel?
Also have you complete drive from the car?
YES I HAVE DIESEL CAR 2007 2.2
WHEN I DRIVING LOOKS LIKE NO PROBLEM JUST WHEN I ACCELERATING AND PUSH THE GAS PEDAL BIT STRONGLY!

YES I HAVE DIESEL CAR 2007 2.2
WHEN I DRIVING LOOKS LIKE NO PROBLEM JUST WHEN I ACCELERATING AND PUSH THE GAS PEDAL BIT STRONGLY!
!00 % clutch slipping
Can you take the cap lock off as capital letters is very off putting.

yes !!sorry!
slipping clutch how much could be have to fix it?
Have a search in 7th gen diesel faults all will be reveiled there.
But as a guess around £700 if the dmf is ok if not another £1000 on top

I think your right Hamid lol
But this is the price tbh or go down the performance clutch rout

why do clutches go on diesels?

2007 is not exactly old, is it due to very bad driving on honda owners part or bad clutches fitted in the first case?

2007 is not exactly old, is it due to very bad driving on honda owners part or bad clutches fitted in the first case?
Torque and lots of it. It's the payoff for wanting diesels that perform like petrols

As neil said lots of torque...honda apparently did make the new clutches a bit stronger than the previous...but mine is slipping alot now but dont know if I should go down the cg route or just a honda one at HH...

Agree torque is the thing that kills clutches fact

The root cause is the high torque output... not a problem in itself (actually quite a good thing!), but then Honda never made a clutch fully capable of handling that amount of power, even after 3 attempts (part numbers ending in 305, 315 and finally 325). Sometimes this situation is made worse by a poor driving style (i.e. hoofing it at low revs, rather than changing down) and obviously the popular option of performance remapping puts even more load on an already weak clutch. And we diesel owners are also burdened with the need for a dual mass flywheel (DMF) necessary to smooth out the engine torque pulses... this also wears out and often has to be replaced at the same time as the clutch. Honda generally accepted they let down their customers and did eventually gave an extended 7 year/125k mile warranty.

Rather than buy replacements from Honda, 'performance' clutches can be bought for around the same cost from CG Motorsport, and now 'traditional' single mass flywheels (SMF) can be supplied along with a modified/sprung clutch plate that can provide the torque pulse damping needed to protect the drivetrain. That's what I would buy, rather than a replacement from Honda which is probably only barely adeqate. More info here... http://www.civinfo.com/forum/cg-motorsport/