What's new

Strange behaviour from climate control

phil the greek

Members
Reaction score
Car
'05 accord tourer
Hi peeps,

My '05 2.0 litre petrol Accord Tourer has been playing up a bit with the climate control.

It will blow refrigerated air and make things nice and cool, then it'll stop blowing cold air after about 10 minutes and circulate warm air instead which is annoying and makes all occupants hot.

If I switch the car off, then restart, the cycle starts again.

I'm thinking thermostat? temperature sensor? something like this? any ideas?

cheers - phil

p.s. I use climate control most of the time so it's not put into hibernation for the winter.

When was it last charged. they do have a cut off switch which senses if the pressure is getting to low to protect the system from emptying and thus losing all the lube which is bad for the system.

Sounds like it is logging low pressure after 10 minutes use and is cutting out to protect the system. Obviously you clear the memory every time you turn the car off and the process starts again.

When was it last charged. they do have a cut off switch which senses if the pressure is getting to low to protect the system from emptying and thus losing all the lube which is bad for the system.

Sounds like it is logging low pressure after 10 minutes use and is cutting out to protect the system. Obviously you clear the memory every time you turn the car off and the process starts again.
What a helpful chap!

I was wondering about it needing regassing but thought surely it wouldn't work at all - your reply makes perfect sense.

A trip to KwikKrap will be scheduled - they charge £40 which sounds fairly reasonable.

Thanks Crespo - cheers - phil

I think discodave had a similar problem and HH resolved it at a meet. Something to do with the pressure release valve on compressor.
Drop him a PM and see what he says