What's new

Strange happening

edgeoftime

Members
Reaction score
Car
11 idtec tourer ex.
Following on from the fuel gauge yes it is working having done about 200 miles it finally decided to move itself, but how about this?? I got the eml up and the computer read out went haywire (kept switching on and off) but would not go through the full options just stuck on miles to go. I have a gizmo that reads dtc,s and it told me that there were no faults, but then why the light on?? anyhow after stopping and checking the oil and water and starting up again the light was still on. I plugged into the reader again and again "no dtc,s" but I got the option to remove them on the page, so nothing ventured nothing gained I activated the clear button and the light went out, so something had crept into the system and was hiding. Any ideas?

Sounds like en electrical fault. Usually alternator when stuff goes mad like that? Maybe get the charging voltage checked.

I would investigate the possibility of a bad earth or a failing battery.
Either of those two will cause strange faults in a modern car.

Battery 12.4 volts standing 12 hours, 14.3 volts at tick-over. Will put it down to gremlins, and wait for the ultimate call out to Green flag LOL.

12.4 is about an 80% state of charge for a 12v Lead acid battery.