What's new

Strange Heater Issues?

spufmonkey

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.2 CTDI Accord
Hello people,

I have a strange issue with my heating in my 2005 Accord that i hope one of the guru's on here can help with!

My heater blows cold when stopped and only heats up when the revs are over 2k revs(ish).. from what i have read im thinking thermostat but would like other thoughts on this :)

Thanks in advance
Damo

Does your car suffer from overheating if sitting if sat in a queue of traffic or does the temperature gauge move around much once it is warm?

Damo check for water leaks in your foot wales as this might be a leaking heater matix

Are the fans actually spinning, or is it just wafting warm air through when you're on the move?

fans are blowing but just cold when stopped.. there has been a few times when i have stopped and they are staying hot?? im confused!
no wet foot well either??

Sounds like you have an air lock in the heater matrix. When you drive along and increase the revs it manages to push some water through the matrix resulting in hot air. But when sat at in traffic the revs are too low to allow the coolant past the air lock.

Try bleeding the coolant system. There is a bleed bolt on top of the cylinder head.

lol, is there a how2? im guessing its simple (i.e undo bleed and run car) but im used to VW's and new to this honda game.. also is it worth topping coolant up and whats best (wv had some funky pink coolant!)

This thread sounds like the one for my mates Metro lol

right.. quick update. i havent had a chance to do any bleeding yet but after a blast down the dual carrageway this morning taking the missus to work the heat stayed on? does this sound like an air lock? i need to test it later and see if its still ok or if the issue comes back? could it have pushed the airlock through (to return later)??