What's new

Stuck hood

snake_byte

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord Ex 2.0
Hi all i havent been able to find an actual answer on the forum to this. My hood is stuck and the battery is flat...so I''m in a predicament. The actual hood realease wire in the cabin still has tension when I pull the lever but the hood won't pop. I've looked through the grille, but theres no obvious way to release the latch. There seems to be a cover over the latch mechanism. Can someone recommend a stratforward way I can open it? I dont want to disassemble anything ideally. Thanks guys :(

2003 accord ex, 7th gen, pre facelift, petrol

There's no obvious way to release the latch, as this is a security thing.

You say there's still tension on the release cable, so I'd imagine the boot latch is seized or just stuck. Did you try press on the bonnet first and getting someone to pull the lever then? With the lever pulled shake the bonnet by hold the very front of the bonnet (up and down).

Part 7 is where the latch is located, and it's a sealed unit

http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection_pfk.php?block_01=17SEA01&block_02=B__5101&block_03=2845

Sometimes it can help if two people try at the same time, one person pulling the lever and the other person lifting the bonnet.

Thanks all. I was very lucky...the pushing and pulling with 2people worked in my case. Looks like it was seized up....its opening normally now!! Thanks everyone....appreciate your help! :D

Good result and it might just need some Lub on incase it happens again