What's new

Sunroof drain tubes routing

Kaput!

Reaction score
Car
04 accord tourer 2.0
Greetings....My 2004 tourer has developed a water leak! Investigation so far has revealed lots of condensation on underside roof above headliner and a water pool in boot which originates on the left of car in the small hidden area to the left of the tyre well.It seems this fills then spills over sending water into main spare wheel area itself.
Anyway i have removed all interior trim at rear of car and water is dripping down the back of left tailgate pillar.On discovering this i removed the plastic rail/trim that runs along both sides of roof from windscreen to tailgate to reveal the gulley beneath (pre facelift NO roof rails).Now the confusing bit is they appear to be in A1 condition but im aware it dont take much for water to seep in somewhere so when rain eases i will reseal the lot.
Ok now to the bit i need help with.
The water clears as it should from the sunroof area but i just want to rule out a perished/broken drain tube.I know they run down the pillars but can anyone give me the precise route of them? I have read that the rear tube can terminate on rear wheel arch area on some hondas.
I just need to reveal and trace the EXACT routing of said tubes from end to end then i can rule out or repair these.
Thanks in advance.

Just to add all front/rear footwells in car are dry....i resealed all plastic membranes behind doorcards already.

Do you have access to an air compressor with a duster gun? blow air into the tubes and you should be able to hear the air leaving the end of the tube.
It also ensures the tube is clear of debris.

No afraid not.I will just have to do it the hard way and rip out the rest of the interior.Need to inspect every inch of the tubes as even if most of water goes where it should a tiny split anywhere would allow some leakage in car.

Same issue and just responded under another another thread