What's new

sunroof operation

old cruiser

Members
Reaction score
Car
honda accord
Guys am I missing something here with the sunroof; basically today is the first time I've used opened since I've owned the car, what I find is that when I tilt it up by pushing the button in the roof lining upwards, it tilts up no problem but for the return it appears you have to slide the switch backwards and as it drops it then seems to slide open and then have to slide the switch forwards again to get it to settle in the closed position, seems to be no way to just drop it from tilt without it sliding back etc. if that makes any sense!!
I also notice the rear of the sunroof seems to sit a little lower at the rear than it does at the front when it's in the closed position, maybe typical of these roofs?
Cheers Pete

Cheers Pete

I used mine too today, but for the life of me I can't remember the close sequence or timing/positioning. :eek:

OK I checked this out this morning.
Push up - tilted opening
Slide switch forward - closes sun roof
Slide switch back - opens fully
Slide switch forward - closes sun roof

The sun roof does tend to settle when closing, the rollers push the rear part to meet the curvature of the roof, so not sure of your description, maybe you need a touch of grease in the channels.

Thanks for that mate, looks like I need to look into mine and that switch.
What I was referring to was how the rear of the glass / seal doesn't seem to sit as flush with the roof line as I would have expected, seems to sit a little bit lower at the rear compared to the front section; i the arrows in the photo indicate the area I mean that sits a bit lower (photo is not of my actual car) also the runners etc. are well greased up.
Cheers pete

Could the rollers be out of true? Or the sunroof have had some external weight bearing pressure historically?

Could be either of those mate, I need to have a closer look I think as well as looking at that switch.
Cheers Pete

Had a fiddle with the sunroof switch today and just by exercising the thing it now appears when tilted open pushing the button forward now closes it !! bizarre! need to keep an eye it though I think, other thing I noticed with the car that with the Auto climate control on and dual zone selected , the missus turned the passenger side temp' down from 22 to 20 degs and I suddenly noticed the recirculation light had come on whereas I'm sure that was off before she turned the temp' down, is that normal behaviour?
Cheers Pete

As far as I am aware, no. I ***ume the recirc option, is just that - an option to recirc air on demand. I will check this out when i get in car and give you what happens to mine.
Some one else may be aware of this - but I will feedback to you

yes it does that on mine, for some reason it goes to recirc when you attempt to quickly reduce the temperature over a wide range , the recirc eventually goes off as and when the temperature has reduced.

If it stays on for a long time i.e. it's struggling to get the temperature down, then this indicates that the gas is probably low in the system

Never seen it happen before but it did it in mine yesterday too. 21c outside wanted 16c inside for me and the dog, and saw the recirc kick in. Something new every day, lol.