What's new

Suspension compatability

wheres the other one ?

I'm looking at buying a 4/5th gen (US)Accord coupe, are these the same suspesion as the rover 600?

I'm looking at buying a 4/5th gen (US)Accord coupe, are these the same suspesion as the rover 600?

4th gen Accord is very similar to Rover 600

5th gen i cant say, there is definitely similarity with the 4th gen, but not as much.

On USA ebay they list coilovers to fit Accord 90-97 which is 4th and 5th gen, just wanting to keep options open with the rover should I find something 2nd hand.

On USA ebay they list coilovers to fit Accord 90-97 which is 4th and 5th gen, just wanting to keep options open with the rover should I find something 2nd hand.

It can fit if it says 90-97, but the spring rates and dampers will be for the 5th gen. There is not much difference if any though so dont let that put you off.

Buy Accord stuff over Rover as a rule of thumb

Hi dida4g

I think you will find that the 5th gen. coupe is a double wishbone suspension front and rear, where as the Rovers were Mc Pherson struts. As to if they can be interchanged I can't help you - sorry.
Good luck in your sourcing of one - you won't regret it !

Hi, the match you seek for the Rover 600 is the 5th gen EU only Accord, as pictured below.

Bugger - just seen the date :unsure: :lol: :huh:

640px-Honda_Accord_rear_20080205.jpg