What's new

Suspension control arms

shadow2kn

Reaction score
Car
CL7 and CL9
hey all.. long time no see :D

I'm looking to replace my front upper and lower control arms and rear drop link.i remember when i last did em was back in 2014 i think, someone shared a link where a seller was selling the whole set meyle ones on ebay for a reasonable price...

can anyone recommend any good control arms without breaking the bank?

I just did my front upper control arms on my 2006 2.2 ictdi Accord last year before Christmas.
The originals lasted an epic 270k miles before the ball joint had lots of play in it.

I replaced it with Meyle, Honda genuine parts were just too expensive.

I also did the Drop links around 5 years ago and replaced them with Meyle HD versions.
Still going strong today.

Seller on ebay - Johnny Boy I think he is called.
See link below

I would also recommend Meyle for the lower control arms, although mine are still original and I have not changed them yet.

I just did my front upper control arms on my 2006 2.2 ictdi Accord last year before Christmas.
The originals lasted an epic 270k miles before the ball joint had lots of play in it.

I also did the Drop links around 5 years ago and replaced them with Meyle HD versions.

See link below

I would also recommend Meyle for the lower control arms, although mine are still original and I have not changed them yet.

you say honda parts are to expensive, but ive never seen a ford balljoint last 270k miles before lol

See link below

think that was the seller that people recommended yrs ago and i bought from..
cheers lad

you say honda parts are to expensive, but ive never seen a ford balljoint last 270k miles before lol

Very true, up until the end of the pandemic Honda massively increased their prices.
I used to always go genuine parts for the Accord but As she is getting on abit now I cant justify the spend on parts. If the patterned parts lasted another 3 to 4 years and even replacing it again it would still be cheaper than the genuine Honda part lol

All filters I used blue print now.
The only service part that is genuine is the Fuel filter which is highly recommended from known issues with pattern parts.

Clutch and DMF is still original - True Honda engineering lol