What's new

Test my accord Type R and test yours

lou151991

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord type r 2000
hello all!.
So a month or two ago I cleaned my egr valve, ports and chamber.

After that, i noticed that whenever I'de full throttle from gear 1, when it reaches 4000rpm it kinda slows down more than usual ( it was noticeable) seems like the car just puts itself in that mode, sometimes when i rev up to 4000rpm then full throttle its hard to tell the difference but I can feel it most of the time i full throttle on gear 1 and 2. (other gears gota go too fast to try lol) Vtecs no problem goes like a beast when it hits 5,5 rpm.

HAd a really hard time getting the right answer, so this is what ide like to do. You test my honda o see if you notice anything about that, and Ill test yours to see if im right about noticing something?

Love to see another Accord type r Ive only seen 3 in london since i bought mine! I have kn air filter, custom manifold, cleaned air throttle and egr chambers etc. Lets see the differences ;)

If your in london hit me up!!

Could be a vacuum leak at the egr or surrounding parts u have cleaned, or like my civic type r a timing issues.

When i had an ATR it will silk smooth with no problems what so ever in the rev range. Try holding the idle at 4k stationery and see if the revs fluctuate?

the revs are smooth. i was low on oil so i topped up 1ltr. tbh it feels like it has helped better but i still notice it very slightly.

let me try that Iron Man but i have no problems with revving. i just feel like i have a flat spot somewhere.