What's new

The Ultimate Tourer Bootliner

Monks

Admin / Co-Founder
Reaction score
Car
-
I have a rather large golden retriever who very much enjoys he’s weekend walks in the woods. You can imagine muddy puddles, bogs, ponds and long grass means he gets very messy.

I therefore wanted a boot liner that didn’t just protect the floor but would cover all the carpeted areas in the boot. So I came across the hatchbag boot liner http://www.hatchbag.co.uk/product.php?xProd=186 put simply it’s a perfect solution. I have had mine now for the last 2 years and the Velcro still sticks and its cant tear as it’s like a pond liner material.

Here are some pics of it fitted to my tourer; sorry it’s a bit dirty did I mention I have a golden that loves mud.

boot4.jpg

boot3.jpg

boot2.jpg

boot1.jpg

Here is one of my Golden just starting out for one of his walks in his younger days :huh:
DSCN1276.jpg

Very impressed Andy i just had a look to see if they made one for the saloon but no.Iv been looking for one for a wile but no joy.

That looks absolutely fantastic, I have two English Springer Spaniels who love mud and puddles as much as yours. I have a genuine boot liner but nothing comes close to that!

That looks absolutely fantastic, I have two English Springer Spaniels who love mud and puddles as much as yours. I have a genuine boot liner but nothing comes close to that!

Well Iain you will love this http://www.hatchbag.co.uk/product.php?xProd=255 works really well getting rid of that wet dog smell :)

Ive had mine 2 years as well just needs the odd wash in the machine to recharge, only negative is if you put an air freshener in it will last no time at all, the mat doesnt discriminate against a nice or bad smell :huh:

I also have a hatchbag bootliner Andy. Worth every penny and fits perfectly! my dogs dont get too muddy,their legs are too long!

Very nice. Do you remove it to use the cargo hooks with bungee cords to secure luggage (with clean dog or otherwise)?

Was thinking of just a floor liner with some DIY'd bumper bib for protection against MTB damage. Either a rubber trim to fit mat or a plastic tailored liner with lip to catch water, which have specific fits for tourer or saloon, as sold on EBay by Towequipe and others - around 30 notes delivered.

It covers the metal luggage points and it covers the sub as well, I never used the luggage loops and havent noticied any affect on the sub.

Actually when I think about I only ever remove it once a year for a clean.

I thought that was what the roof bars were for? :lol:

Very impressed Andy i just had a look to see if they made one for the saloon but no.Iv been looking for one for a wile but no joy.
Is this any good: http://www.carmats4u.com/Honda-Boot-Liners/cid,2852231,index.html

JS.

I used to own a Saab 9-5 3.0se saloon, and can promote the fact that the SAAB boot liner (very thick rubber) fits 90% of the tourer floor area. For me a cheap alternative to an aftermarket / Honda boot liner.

It won't apply to many others here - but useful if you know of anyone getting rid of one!

Its lined the boot of my tourer form day one, and is easily removed and hosed down. Not quite as brilliant as Monks, but then I don't have a dog to think of - just kids bikes and muddy wellies!

G.

Firstly, I just love your fur baby, what a sweetie :wub:

Secondly, I've just GOT to get one of those boot protectors ASAP.............our two goldens are such messy little monkeys.

Firstly, I just love your fur baby, what a sweetie :wub:

Secondly, I've just GOT to get one of those boot protectors ASAP.............our two goldens are such messy little monkeys.

bootliner is great had mine 4yrs now defo worth getting IMO..

looks the same as the pics above mate its like a pond liner material so doesnt really wear at all.