What's new

Thoughts on orange corner indicators?

Staddly

Members
Reaction score
Car
8th Gen 2.2 Tourer
Hi,
I was wondering what peoples thought were on the orange front corner indicator look? Personally I prefer the 'all clear' look, anyone successfully modified?

Do you have any pics? Maybe a us model as they love the orange

There all orange on the 8th gen except the type s diesel and the 8th gen facelift

Ah, I see. So there are options available then. When was the facelift? do you know if the Type S or facelift lights are a direct replacement?

I think the faclift came out late 2012.
As for a direct replacement I'm sure the faclift are differant in shape.
As for the type S they come with stock Hids as standard so unless you have these on your car it will be a very costly mod.

But any mod on a 8th gen must be worth it! i am toying with the idea of getting one when mine has had another year of ownership. I think they are great lookers!

But any mod on a 8th gen must be worth it! i am toying with the idea of getting one when mine has had another year of ownership. I think they are great lookers!

I agree, that orange bit just takes the edge off the appearance of the front end. Not enough to annoy but enough to permanently remind that they could look slightly better- will have to investigate further )not even got the car yet!! :lol: . My last BMW forum lot were constantly upgrading to HID with new ballasts etc - where there is a will there is a way!!

The orange part has been removed by users over on Acurazine, basically pop the headlight in the oven to melt the glue and then gently prise the cover off, and remove the orange part:

http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=767424

Not for me this mod on the TSX its to much of a risk of damaging the headlight.

so.... i take it a ex tourer wont have HIDS? and i cant get a aftermarketr kit and use it with out melting the reflectors?

so.... i take it a ex tourer wont have HIDS? and i cant get a aftermarketr kit and use it with out melting the reflectors?
Never heard of one melting, but fitting HIDs to a housing designed for a halogen lamp will causes dazzle to oncoming cars and also attract Police attention. And you also need washers and self-levelling mechanisms to be legal (but may pass the MoT due to a loophole).

Never heard of one melting, but fitting HIDs to a housing designed for a halogen lamp will causes dazzle to oncoming cars and also attract Police attention. And you also need washers and self-levelling mechanisms to be legal (but may pass the MoT due to a loophole).

I just had a better look at the picture, looks like it might come with HID's, at least projector lenses. Yaay :D

Mine has after market hids and love them.
There projectile lenses in the 7th and 8th gen so do not glare