What's new

Time to check your tyre pressures

Must check mine today

When I got my Accord my first tyre check revealed 50psi in each tyre! That was the maximum permitted on the sidewall so I did't think any damage was done. I adjusted them to correct values, but then found I couldn't keep pressure in them. Got them checked for punctures, leaks, etc without joy. Eventually a tyre place told me the reason for the leaks was because the tyres were perished!!! 4 new tyres helped but one still needed topping up. A quick pit stop to the tyre place followed by a clean of the inner rim and all is now well.

My 2.2 CTDI Exec is for just me, ie, rarely any passengers will be in it. Is 38psi for all 4 tyres about right? Fuel economy is of utmost importance, the ride itself is not important to me. I'm getting one of these Air Gauges and inflators through the post tomorrow which I ordered from Amazon, will be able to level it up/down accordingly,

Checked weekly.

Fronts 32psi Rears psi. Seems to give a greast road feel and some great wheel feedback.

When I got my 6th gen the first thing I did was put fuel in and check the pressures, NSF 16psi, OSF 12psi, NSR 22psi, OSR 44psi!!!! How did the previous owner not notice??? New tyres on now and there is 36psi all round. I don't know what they are supposed to be cuz the genius took the sticker off from the door jam!

What are people putting in for 18"
Think mine are at 32psi? Front and rear
This is probably why my rear tyres are knackered with the load I always carry in the boot

as the pressure rises due to heat from travel anyway i always aim to put in a little below the max limit the tyre siewall says, so if it says 40psi max then i put in around 35,,that said i havent checked mine in yonks. mind you just had new fronts fitted for mot.

arab said:
Must check mine today

When I got my Accord my first tyre check revealed 50psi in each tyre! That was the maximum permitted on the sidewall so I did't think any damage was done. I adjusted them to correct values, but then found I couldn't keep pressure in them. Got them checked for punctures, leaks, etc without joy. Eventually a tyre place told me the reason for the leaks was because the tyres were perished!!! 4 new tyres helped but one still needed topping up. A quick pit stop to the tyre place followed by a clean of the inner rim and all is now well.
4 Perished tyres? how old were they? more likely the wheels imo......... :unsure: :unsure:

8th gen with 18" wheels are 38 on front and 35 for the rear.
If towing the rears are set at 42

Thanks for that Brett, mine is an 8th gen diesel on the 18" Sigmas....for some unknown reason, Honda have only put the pressures for 17" rims on the door jam and even in the handbook. Are the pressures you quoted for the saloon or tourer?

Or do the newbie mistake of replacing all 4 because i was losing pressure every 2 weeks

Tyre Size Front (BAR) Rear (BAR) Front (PSI) Rear (PSI)
225/45R17 2.2 BAR 2.1 BAR 31 PSI 30 PSI
205/55R16 2.1 BAR 2.3 BAR 30 PSI 33 PSI
225/40R18 2.2 BAR 2.1 BAR 31 PSI 30 PSI