What's new

Timing belt tensioner

Tomce

TAF Member
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord i-CTDi
My timing belt tensioner not movint.Is it rusted?

Do you mean AUX belt tensioner dose it not rotate or its not tensioning up there is a shorter aux belt mod for this you reroute it and remove one of the tensioners this might be a better option.

Do you mean AUX belt tensioner dose it not rotate or its not tensioning up there is a shorter aux belt mod for this you reroute it and remove one of the tensioners this might be a better option.
All puleys is rotate,tensioner tensioning belt too.Yestarday mechanic said that belt are so tight.his try realise belt,but tensioner not moving.I am talking about alternator belt.Soon I put pictures there.

Some Pictures.Maybe samebody can say where are belt tensioner.Sorry if pictures are bad

IMG_0571.jpg

IMG_0671-1.jpg

On last picture it's showed how to realise belt,but my tensioner not moving.

IMG_0596.jpg

If the tensioner is seized up the only thing you can do is to trip the belt off and remove the tensioner if its to tight to trip off id cut the belt off and replace with the shorter mod belt.

What car you got if diesel and its the aux belt just do as alt as suggested explain to your garage about shorter belt there is a guide in the diy

What car you got if diesel and its the aux belt just do as alt as suggested explain to your garage about shorter belt there is a guide in the diy
Is it AUX belts are different size?.I found there,that need remove one puley near alternator.if I buy belt,latter I can't put.Is it right?What belt is better?

Is it no problem if car runing on shorter belt?

The shorter belt does away with the idler puller and alleviates strain on the alternator. The tensioner requires alot of force to move it, use something to give leverage like a piece of pipe over the spanner.

I'm not sure but think honda only sell the shorter belts now.

DIY

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/1683-diy-alternator-change/

DIY

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/1683-diy-alternator-change/
Thanks,I am read already.Today made order for new shorter belt and cluch pulley from holdcroft honda.Car must go thursday for service.I bealive,that I am right for change this parts and stop sqeez.

A mechanic will change it no problem, I would say its advisable to change as a preventative measure if convenient.

A mechanic will change it no problem, I would say its advisable to change as a preventative measure if convenient.
I bealive,that can get parts from Holdcroft Honda by thursday morning,because car is booked for service.