Reaction score
Car
04 Reg CDTI 2.2
I have waiting to be installed:

Rear Dc5 red H Badge
Front Sports Grille
Front DC3 Red H Badge.

DD8ACB04-8C43-461B-A70C-D3D125EC386D-20234-00001E4F1FC7D75C.jpg

and was hopping for some advise form other members who have already done these mods.

9B16E5D0-02AB-43DD-BAA2-B1193EFFD88E-16962-00001A9259BF8C09.jpg

Rear DC5 Red H Badge Install

1, Is the rear stock chrome H badge just glued on or does it have two pins like the DC5 badge?
2, ***uming that it is just glued on, then I need to remove the pins on the rear Dc5 badge , what is the best way to do this?

Front Grille install

I've looked at the lings diagram, and Ive googled a fair bit about this, so far the only tip is that I need to pull the current grille forward instead of upwards after the clips and bumper plate / Rad cove have been removed.

How difficult is this job? do I need to remove lower bumper?,
I have bought some spare black plastic clips as I understand these can snap during removal.
Should I be wary of damaging any other trim parts?

Front DC3 Red H Badge Install

OK this looks fairly simple the badge has 3m tape on it and two plastic prongs, the only thing I notice is that the original badge was held in place by two metal clips on the prongs that secured it behind the the grille.

I'm ***uming that these are unnecessary due to the 3m tape on the DC3 badge?

I'm hoping to have a go at both of these jobs at the weekend on the driveway. I've previously debaged the rear and fitted the steering wheel badge.

Im mainly concerned about the front grille as I've read a few posts on the tsx sites about damaging the grille, so I'll be carefull but anybody who has done any of these mods please let me know if you have any tips or tricks or the answers to the above questions to help me out.

cheers

Front badge should be ep3 size, what's dc3? Also grille should be straight forward, not sure how the yanks are damaging the grille, could be to do with it being Acura and not Honda, Acura's "beak" getting in the way :lol: I'd use the two metal clips again but it's up to you, did they not come with the new badge?

Front badge should be ep3 size, what's dc3? Also grille should be straight forward, not sure how the yanks are damaging the grille, could be to do with it being Acura and not Honda, Acura's "beak" getting in the way :lol: I'd use the two metal clips again but it's up to you, did they not come with the new badge?

Oops meant Ep3 not DC3,
Unfortunately the new badge did not come with any clips, I'm not sure where to get new clips from, hopefully the 3m tape is enough aside from this I could use a blob of Epoxy resin on the reverse of the pins behind the grille to secure it.

will have a go this weekend and report back if I had any issues.