What's new

Tire calibrate function

DiD

Members
Reaction score
Car
CN1
I was searching my hidden menu the other day and came across this. I was curious what does this function do?

It allows you to initialise the TPMS system, so it learns the system baseline to take account of a new tyre (or type of tyre) or a change of wheels.

Never seen one myself.

I'm guessing, but maybe the manual option has to be selected where there is a significant difference in the rolling radius, perhaps because a new and old tyre have been fitted to the same axle. But this would obviously require trial and error.

I was having difficulties setting my wheel alignment. Every time the front right wheel had 1,25° more caster angle than the left one. Messing with the hidden menu the other day i went again in the tire callibrate menu. There i opted for the STD values and set the "auto tuning" at "off". The next day i went to the garage again and see what could be done about this 1,25° difference. To my surprise and the mechanic's, the front right wheel was off for just 0,25°! The pulling to the right while driving had also disappearead. I can't call it a coinsidince since nothing else was touched on the car since i picked it up the previous afternoon. I asked him if he knew more about this function but he was clueless too.

How do you get to this hidden menu ?? it looks like the same nav as my 2008 ctdi. My car has always had a slight pull to the left, was never able to fix it, tried everything!

This more than likely has something to do with Satnav speed readout, more than actual car settings. I imagine you adjust for bigger wheel/tyre or something along those lines.

Andyjdmteg said:
Have you tried having alignment done with weight in the car like a full tank?
Had alignment done a lot of times, sometimes 3-4 times a year with at least half a tank, never really checked that as the front left always seems to be out, the rest are fine. Had various suspension parts/bushes, bearings, tyres you name it, always done alignment on hunter machine and even after its adjsuted, still pulls left a bit.

But i think it has something to do with this, download/view the PDF in the link below its a Honda service bulleting regarding car drifting/pulling.

http://www59.zippyshare.com/v/2rqrCb45/file.html

Compared with a lot of other cars, the steering on these cars when not on a motorway is lousy at the best of times, but one gets used to it eventually ;)

freddofrog said:
Compared with a lot of other cars, the steering on these cars when not on a motorway is lousy at the best of times, but one gets used to it eventually ;)
That is exactly what i've done, got use to it, but the best thing i tried was to fit slightly bigger tyres which helped a lot ! Low profiles are a big no no. Went from 225/45/17 to 225/50/17 , not only is the steering more solid but the overall drive is much better and smoother.

oops wrong post lol