What's new

TMC - Whose Works?

davecmr

Members
Reaction score
Car
Tourer Sport Diesel
My TMC icon usually stays red on the odd occasion it goes green but only for a minute or so. When I go into the diagnostics it tends to be usually just scanning frequency's, sometimes it locks onto one for a minute then starts scanning again. The field strength varies from 1 to 7, Error Rate Correction also changes as does the Uncorrected Blocks/min and Message counter and Provider counter seem to be sitting at 0.

Cars a 56 facelift with the 2006 Voice activated DVD.

In the owners manual it mentions phoning Traffic Master about a subscription, now is the Accord like the old Vectra's where you had to buy a subscription for it to work or has something changed and I need the newer DVD to allow it decode the transmissions?

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks.

Cheers for that pm'd jimbob as I have exactly the same problem.

hhhmmm mine hasn't worked for ages, but I put it down to me not reconnecting the aerial after removing my iPod transmitter thingy. One of my missions whilst the missus is away. Which means this weekend - the ol' man wants me to go shooting next weekend :D

I thought mine wasn`t working as around here (Liverpool/South Lancs area) my TMC icon is always on red. However I`ve just done a trip back from Orpington in Kent and all of the way home the icon was green. It even recalculated a route for me around an M6 closure between J15 and J16 from the end of the M6 toll through Stafford and Newcastle -Under-Lyme without me doing anything about it. I was impressed