What's new

Tourer Power Tailgate (Not the Usual Issue)

Benson1990

Reaction score
Car
Accord Type-S CM2
Hi all,

I usually avoid directly asking for help on issues but even Google has failed me this time.

My Power Tailgate does not want to open under its own power. I recently managed to get it closing again from the buttons as all it needed was a little WD in the latch mechanism but it just doesn't want to open with the fob.

It does make an attempt however, hazards flash, audio beep plays, motor whirs and it opens about 2cm before deciding it can't and closes itself.

Like I said, been all over Google, even with the help of a couple of friends but all we can find are posts and guides on when the power tailgate fails completely which for once, isn't the case here.

Any suggestions or pointers in a possible direction will be appreciated.

I can't find it but there was a post on this or another forum about someone with same problem finding grease seeped into the tailgate motors friction pads causing it to slip and fail to open (while if it was the gas struts it should open fully and then slowly close by itself).

When my tailgate stopped working from the key fob. I disconnected the battery for 10 minutes and it reset itself.