What's new

Tourer - Rear Brake Hose Availability

jeffl

Members
Reaction score
Car
06 Tourer 2.2 i-CTDi
Have the dreaded Tourer rear brake issue. Calliper parts have been ordered. Just phoned up Holdcroft this morning to get the hoses and they're out of stock with a lead time of 4 weeks. As I was hoping to get this sorted this weekend I thought I'd have a look around and see if I could get some sooner. Both my local Honda garage and Lings are also out of stock and quoting a 2 month lead time as there are none in Europe! I've also looked at www.brakeparts.co.uk and they don't have them in stock.

I'll try the local motor factors tomorrow and see if I get any joy with them. I've had a Google and nowhere else seems to be coming up. If the car was off the road then I'd take the existing hose to a hose manufacturer and get them to make some up. However I need the car so can't do that.

So failing the local motor factors, which I'm not holding by breath for, does anyone know of anywhere else I can get them from? As it stands I'm thinking I'll get the callipers sorted over the weekend flush the existing hoses through with brake fluid and replace the hoses at a later date. Not ideal but better than nothing :-(

Have the dreaded Tourer rear brake issue. Calliper parts have been ordered. Just phoned up Holdcroft this morning to get the hoses and they're out of stock with a lead time of 4 weeks. As I was hoping to get this sorted this weekend I thought I'd have a look around and see if I could get some sooner. Both my local Honda garage and Lings are also out of stock and quoting a 2 month lead time as there are none in Europe! I've also looked at www.brakeparts.co.uk and they don't have them in stock.

I'll try the local motor factors tomorrow and see if I get any joy with them. I've had a Google and nowhere else seems to be coming up. If the car was off the road then I'd take the existing hose to a hose manufacturer and get them to make some up. However I need the car so can't do that.

So failing the local motor factors, which I'm not holding by breath for, does anyone know of anywhere else I can get them from? As it stands I'm thinking I'll get the callipers sorted over the weekend flush the existing hoses through with brake fluid and replace the hoses at a later date. Not ideal but better than nothing :-(

Jeff try these as they are in are trade section.
http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/7297-vtecdirect-winter-offers/
http://www.allpartsautomotive.co.uk/

Don't know about the brake hoses - unless you decide to change for a set of braided hoses which are available on eBay - search HEL brake hoses.

Anyway, from experience gained just this week...

If you are changing or re-attaching brake hoses you will need new copper crush washers in order to get a good seal, my car failed its MOT this week due to a weeping brake hose - it was the joint between the caliper and the banjo union of the brake hose. I needed new copper washers and I couldn't find them anywhere!!! couldn't believe it.

So from experience, either order some from eBay...
Try this link

or go to a hydraulics suppliers.

All auto parts shops, DIY and Hardware stores did not have them - one hardware store did have them in a box of ***orted sizes but wanted £30!!

when you'll buy HEL hoses, copper washers are already in kit same as new shiny bolts ;)

I have HEL braided hoses but when one of the banjo joints are weeping you need to source some new copper washers, hence the previous post. B)

Thanks for the updates guys. I've just had a look on the HEL website and they do a hose set for the 7th Gen Accord. However they don't differentiate between the saloon and the tourer. I've sent them an enquiry via the website to see if they are for the saloon or estate.

Thanks for the updates guys. I've just had a look on the HEL website and they do a hose set for the 7th Gen Accord. However they don't differentiate between the saloon and the tourer. I've sent them an enquiry via the website to see if they are for the saloon or estate.
Give them a ring mate, i got some HEL hoses through brakes4u and they were not right, but HEL are only a few miles up the road for me so i took them back and they made me the right ones, so now they know what tourer ones should be like!

rear hoses from HEL are to short for tourer and saloon, only front ones are correct, when I got mine I had to ask them for required length and correct brackets, and then they send me correct ones, as far as I remember correct length are 56 cm for rears, don't know about front.

rear hoses from HEL are to short for tourer and saloon, only front ones are correct, when I got mine I had to ask them for required length and correct brackets, and then they send me correct ones, as far as I remember correct length are 56 cm for rears, don't know about front.

This shop is selling them on ebay Tourer Brake Lines - but it's all 4 lines.

I didn't bought mine from Ebay, but I also got 4 lines and front ones were ok but rear were to short.

I didn't bought mine from Ebay, but I also got 4 lines and front ones were ok but rear were to short.

Sounds like poassibly you were supplied the ones for the Saloon rather than Tourer? Does anyone know if 56cm is definitive?

Sounds like poassibly you were supplied the ones for the Saloon rather than Tourer? Does anyone know if 56cm is definitive?
I asked for lanes for tourer, besides I know member with saloon who also bought same HEL lanes and had same issue with rear lanes.

I asked for lanes for tourer, besides I know member with saloon who also bought same HEL lanes and had same issue with rear lanes.

I've got the same problem with my rear offside calliper seizing on. Stripped wound calliper back and a while later siezed again. I get discount at ECP so order an offside caliper and get a nearside!! Ring them up they say they have an offside on the shelf so I drive over to pick it up and its another nearside! So I buy a nearside one for my offside, may as well buy an offside one for my nearside and rebuild the lot! Callipers and hoses so I go home strip the car....the hoses are too short. Of course they are because they have given me saloon ones. Their systems don't differentiate between saloon and estate (tourer). The saloons must have the calipers on the leading and the Tourers on the trailing edge of the disc.

I too decided to order some Hel brake hoses. I did it through Camskill as they had a decent price, made a point about saying that they were for a Tourer...yet I was still sent Saloon ones.

So car is still stripped, at least I can get some solace in the fact that Hel 'can' make the correct ones. Just need to get it through to them via Camskill.

I've got the same problem with my rear offside calliper seizing on. Stripped wound calliper back and a while later siezed again. I get discount at ECP so order an offside caliper and get a nearside!! Ring them up they say they have an offside on the shelf so I drive over to pick it up and its another nearside! So I buy a nearside one for my offside, may as well buy an offside one for my nearside and rebuild the lot! Callipers and hoses so I go home strip the car....the hoses are too short. Of course they are because they have given me saloon ones. Their systems don't differentiate between saloon and estate (tourer). The saloons must have the calipers on the leading and the Tourers on the trailing edge of the disc.

I too decided to order some Hel brake hoses. I did it through Camskill as they had a decent price, made a point about saying that they were for a Tourer...yet I was still sent Saloon ones.

So car is still stripped, at least I can get some solace in the fact that Hel 'can' make the correct ones. Just need to get it through to them via Camskill.

Just got off the phone to Camskill, cant recommend them enough. Top notch customer service, really helpful and friendly to boot.

looks like I will be sorted soon, with the right hoses. Just out of interest are they sided?

If you want to know more, look on Lings Honda website, they're a dealer who has all the parts diagrams online.

Start here http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_catalogue_C01.php

here is the diagram for rear brakes on my car (2.4 Tourer)

http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection_pfk.php?block_01=17SED01&block_02=B__1910&block_03=445

hoses are in the "brake lines" diagram

If you want proper Honda part numbers, delete "_pfk" from the URL

If you want to know more, look on Lings Honda website, they're a dealer who has all the parts diagrams online.

Start here http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_catalogue_C01.php

here is the diagram for rear brakes on my car (2.4 Tourer)

http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection_pfk.php?block_01=17SED01&block_02=B__1910&block_03=445

hoses are in the "brake lines" diagram

If you want proper Honda part numbers, delete "_pfk" from the URL

So the rear hoses are not sided. On that site it shows rears at £53.11 each and 2 required, which is what I was quoted at Honda today when I rung. Total £114.07 with VAT & shipping, but Honda currently don't have stock anyway.

Will persevere with Hel and get some Teflon hoses made up. This way they wont rot like the rubber ones.

Yeah the Lings site shows Honda diagrams and Honda OEM prices. Prices are inclusive of VAT.

As a member of TA you can get parts from HH (Holdsworth Honda) with 10% discount and free postage. HH are in the Afiliates section of the forum.

Yeah the Lings site shows Honda diagrams and Honda OEM prices. Prices are inclusive of VAT.

As a member of TA you can get parts from HH (Holdsworth Honda) with 10% discount and free postage. HH are in the Afiliates section of the forum.

Not much help if Honda don't have any stock! As mentioned earlier there is a lead time of about 4 weeks, while Honda wait for stock. Plus 10% off £53.11 is still expensive. I would rather pay Hel for quality Teflon hoses with Stainless Steel fittings and a lifetime warranty! Will work out much cheaper.

http://www.brake-lines.co.uk/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=12309

£68.95 for a complete set seems a much better deal than £53.11 for 1 rubber one (which will rot again (which you cant buy anyway)) LOL.

Not much help if Honda don't have any stock! As mentioned earlier there is a lead time of about 4 weeks, while Honda wait for stock. Plus 10% off £53.11 is still expensive. I would rather pay Hel for quality Teflon hoses with Stainless Steel fittings and a lifetime warranty! Will work out much cheaper.

http://www.brake-lines.co.uk/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=12309

£68.95 for a complete set seems a much better deal than £53.11 for 1 rubber one (which will rot again (which you cant buy anyway)) LOL.

Dealers don't carry stock, they get the parts from central locations. If the part is hardly ever ordered, then it comes from Japan.

The point is, all the info you need (part numbers, "handedness", and prices) can be found on Lings.
Lings is mentioned a lot in this forum. If you want OEM get it from HH, also often mentioned in this forum.

Dealers don't carry stock, they get the parts from central locations. If the part is hardly ever ordered, then it comes from Japan.

The point is, all the info you need (part numbers, "handedness", and prices) can be found on Lings.
Lings is mentioned a lot in this forum. If you want OEM get it from HH, also often mentioned in this forum.

(almost all the info I need - I could do with exact definitive length) OEM quality seems to be banded about a lot on this forum, but when it comes to this specific problem where the rear hoses are known to degrade from the inside causing calliper problems I see a good case for avoiding OEM and getting an even better quality item, especially as its cheaper and will get the part quicker (seems a no brainer). The original poster was struggling to obtain the part, so an alternative to OEM was mentioned.

Yes the Lings link is very handy. I'm used to using a similar *** tool online. VAGCAT. The link was handy as was this forum.

If I hadn't read this forum I probably would have left the hose and ended up with similar problems to other members on here. Seems a common problem with the hoses.

This way I will have peace of mind that both rear calipers, pads & hoses have all been replaced with a complete fluid change too. The performance hoses carry a lifetime guarantee, fittings wont rust and much cheaper than OEM. I'm still in shock at £53.11 for one hose to be honest, bit steep.

OEM quality seems to be banded about a lot on this forum, but when it comes to this specific problem where the rear hoses are known to degrade from the inside causing calliper problems I see a good case for avoiding OEM
there is actually no evidence for this

there is actually no evidence for this

Well, there may not be any evidence, but there seem to be a hell of a lot of people pointing fingers at hoses! Cant remember the specific username of the guy who had countless problems and kept having problems until he replaced hoses. Just do a search on this forum and tons of results come up.

I cannot see any logical reason why people would go for OEM in this case up against Performance Teflon hoses. To be honest I dont care much for performance upgrades but in this instance I can see the benefits of using Teflon against OEM both on value and quality.

Well, there may not be any evidence, but there seem to be a hell of a lot of people pointing fingers at hoses! Cant remember the specific username of the guy who had countless problems and kept having problems until he replaced hoses. Just do a search on this forum and tons of results come up.

I cannot see any logical reason why people would go for OEM in this case up against Performance Teflon hoses. To be honest I dont care much for performance upgrades but in this instance I can see the benefits of using Teflon against OEM both on value and quality.

"Tony, it could be a perished rear brake hose - close to the caliper. It's a recognised issue by Honda that affects the tourer models (probably a good reason why this sort of issue should be going to the main dealer)."

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/8811-drivers-rear-wheel-and-disc-are-red-hot/page__pid__98173#entry98173

^ many other threads that say that this is an old wives tale

Well there seem to be a hell of a lot of problems ***ociated with Brakes, I have not seen any threads that say it is an old wives tale. Believe me I've looked.

I'd like to see the posts you are referring to, as the majority on here seem to say it is a known problem. From what I have experienced and my previous knowledge of cars I would agree that there is definitely something inherently wrong with the system for so many problems to be experienced. Some experiencing it more than once, so the problem coming back even after replacing callipers. I test my fluid on a regular basis at the reservoir end with a tester, and looking at the hoses and fluid that came out it did look like it had black deposits in it from the rear lines - again this is my opinion.

Whether or not it is a problem with the hoses, I am replacing them anyway with a much better product for less than the Honda cost and without having to wait 4 weeks for Honda to get them. I will also get peace of mind that 'if' the problem was ***ociated with poor hoses then I have eliminated this and freshened everything up. Will also have peace of mind in a lifetime warranty, which I doubt very much is given with OEM.

Benefits

Smoother & Stronger Braking
Eliminate That Spongy Pedal Feeling
Sharper & More Responsive Braking
More Reliable Braking System
Brakes You Can Trust!

Includes
Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
Stainless Steel Fittings Attached
Stainless Steel Banjo Bolts*
Copper Crush Washers*
Fitting Guide
Personal Lifetime Warranty Number
* Where neccessary, we include bolts and washers."

I'm not saying you're maing a mistake by getting those hoses, as you say they're cheaper and probably better than the Honda OEM ones.

Most OEM prices are disgraceful, and I would think that you can divide the price by 2 on many OEM parts to get the real price. No idea why Honda price so many of their parts so highly. Things like brake discs and pads are reasonable prices, especially if you get them from HH.

The fact that you can get better brake hoses at a cheaper price, shows that Honda brake hoses are over-priced, and if priced correctly, would be cheaper than the ones you're going to get ...with all that "cheaper" implies as well.

All I have been doing is giving you the links to the Lings drawings and prices, which are extrememly useful to have.

But honestly, the "OEM hoses causing seized calipers" thing has been debunked on this forum. I can't be bothered to look, but they are easy to find. Most common reason for seized calipers on this forum is issues with the sliders and issues with the caliper/piston. Had the latter problem myself on the front caliper ....fixed for £2.37 with some special grease. My thread is there somewhere.