What's new

towbar wiring

dazza5162

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 ictdi
Hi,
I've just purchased a used towbar, fitting the bar seems straight forward but i am not sure about wiring it. It has twin sockets with a spagetti of wires, with Honda plugs on the ends. Is it possible to do it myself? (i have reasonable mechanical skills) Also anybody have a clue where all the plugs plug into? It is a gen Honda detatchable bar.
Darren

unless your your good with alto electric its not that easy.
Al i no is you need 2 feeds from the battery going through a relay.

Hi,
I've just purchased a used towbar, fitting the bar seems straight forward but i am not sure about wiring it. It has twin sockets with a spagetti of wires, with Honda plugs on the ends. Is it possible to do it myself? (i have reasonable mechanical skills) Also anybody have a clue where all the plugs plug into? It is a gen Honda detatchable bar.
Darren
Hi i tow with a 2.4 ex and fitted my own towbar and electrics and you MUST use a dedicated wiring kit to cut out any risk of damaging Transistor switched lighting circuits one of them being the foglight Circuit. I got mine from Towequipe ltd

Hi i tow with a 2.4 ex and fitted my own towbar and electrics and you MUST use a dedicated wiring kit to cut out any risk of damaging Transistor switched lighting circuits one of them being the foglight Circuit. I got mine from Towequipe ltd
Gazza just a quick queston what are you towing and what MPG are you getting.
Sorry Darren for butting in :rolleyes:

Hi, when i,m sorted with towbar i shall be towing a folding camper ( posh trailer tent with toilet,hot water etc) At 950kg gross, old 6th gen accord got around 25 towing it. My current 7th gen ictdi 8 mile round trip trip to work 47mpg ave on long runs 58mpg sometimes more if wife driving, shes in top gear sooner and brakes earlier! You could argue shes a better driver!
Gazza just a quick queston what are you towing and what MPG are you getting.
Sorry Darren for butting in :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Hi, thank you very much for wiring instructions they will prove invaluable. the type accord forum is possibly the best forum for accords i've found. my local dealer won't give any advice just want to book me in for the work. I own a 40 year old Jaguar do all my own work and enjoy improving it as i do my Honda. I sometimes wish i worked in a garage as i enjoy getiing my hands dirty.
thanks again
Darren
Ps its a saloon by the way