What's new

Towing a caravan-camper

Drejc112

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2012
Hey
I got a ATS wagon manual are they any good for towing a camper , how much can i tow ? Does anyone have any experience with that ?

The towing weight might be on the V5, should be. What do you mean by towing a camper? You mean a caravan?

The towing weight might be on the V5, should be. What do you mean by towing a camper? You mean a caravan?
Ohh and im not from UK so the laws might be a bit different, with my license i can tow to 3500kg - that means weight of the car ( total weight) and total weight of the caravan should not exceed 3500kg.
Ps , went to read the law for towing in UK and its same as here in slovenia, soo i hope some one will tell how the thing drives on the 3500kg limit :)

Last edited:
As you say the maximum you can tow is 3500kg minus the weight of your car so 1400kg as per the figures you gave.

In the UK if you passed your test before 1997 you can drive up to 7tonne on standard licence so in that case you could pull a trailer at 1700kg and have the combined weight of 3800kg and be legal.

Thats my understanding of it anyway

Yeh thats great , but here we can only pull as much as 3500kg and that is as you sayed combined with gorse weights of the car and the caravan:) . Even caravans have there maximum weight and here the maximum weight of car and caravan combined must not exceed 3500kg.
Im trying to get some info on how the car does its job when pulling maximum weights, its a big car for his size :) it shouldn’t be a problem, :) .

Look at this website: