What's new

Transporting Push Bikes.

How do you carry your bikes?

• Total voters
thule bars and feet with thule 591's all the way... until i get my YAKIMA HIGHROLLER

IMAG0329.jpg

Very Nice.

I use a Thule 9502 towbar mounted rack on my old Coupe. Absolutely solid. Thule make a lock for the tow bar ball and you can lock the bikes to the rack or the car subframe.

The tow bar is being put on my new Tourer this Friday, then I'll have to ***ess whether I can still get the boot open. The rack can be made to tilt forward to give clearance.

Hmm, got to find how to insert a pic on this web site. Not as intuitive as on most forums.

whatifididthat.jpg

Doesn't get easier than that? or copy the whole IMG code from photobucket and paste..:lol:

Yes but that links to a URL, Not to a c:/ my pictures directory on my hard drive.

That means I need to upload it to photobucket/ picassa and then create a link to it.

How else do you do it on other forum ? we have to mindful of our bandwidth and storage. Hosting photos are the easiest as you are in control of your pictures with no overhead to us.

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/611-uploading-pictures-lack-of/

OK, I understand that. I did try searching for downloading pictures but that *pictures-lack* was not kicked out in the results.

My link
My link
My link

does this work?

Cycle carriers is definitely something I want to be getting. Roof bars are my preferred option but I think they'll spoil the look of the car - and I presume they're pretty much a permanent fixture? I have the 2006 Saloon.

Anyone got any pics of one with Thule / Halfords / Other Roof Bars fitted?

Cycle carriers is definitely something I want to be getting. Roof bars are my preferred option but I think they'll spoil the look of the car - and I presume they're pretty much a permanent fixture? I have the 2006 Saloon.

Anyone got any pics of one with Thule / Halfords / Other Roof Bars fitted?

I've got THULE Aero bars permantly clamped onto my Type S estate - I could email you some pix if you like. No complaints only the increase in wind noise through the carriers. Bikes always seem very stable even at 85mph (not that I recommend driving above the speed limit you realise) With the current price of fuel and the extra drag, the old right foot is much lighter! :D When I'm driving the car without the roofbars etc on, i realise just how quiet it is with out them! :D

Simon

I use a Thule 9502 towbar mounted rack on my old Coupe. Absolutely solid. Thule make a lock for the tow bar ball and you can lock the bikes to the rack or the car subframe.

The tow bar is being put on my new Tourer this Friday, then I'll have to ***ess whether I can still get the boot open. The rack can be made to tilt forward to give clearance.

Hmm, got to find how to insert a pic on this web site. Not as intuitive as on most forums.

I nearly bought the THULE wheel support rack that mounts on a towball. I saw it demonstated at my local cycle hire centre hear in the Forest of Dean. I do believe from memory that this particular rack has a tilt mechanism so you can open the boot whilst the bikes are still on the rack.....

I think I will end up going for something like this - I found the missing towball for my car last weekend. Or should I say - I opened my eyes.

I think I will end up going for something like this - I found the missing towball for my car last weekend. Or should I say - I opened my eyes.

Or did your lovely other half find it for you Dan heh heh... :D We're always being accussed of not looking properly.

Sorry could resist that one matey :D

:lol: no worries.

I found it in the under tray of the car. It was in a carrier bag - always has been, and even though i have been in there and even fixed the latch I didn't notice it.
headscratch.gif

I don't think the missus even knows that hidey hole is even there.

I've got THULE Aero bars permantly clamped onto my Type S estate - I could email you some pix if you like. No complaints only the increase in wind noise through the carriers. Bikes always seem very stable even at 85mph (not that I recommend driving above the speed limit you realise) With the current price of fuel and the extra drag, the old right foot is much lighter! :D When I'm driving the car without the roofbars etc on, i realise just how quiet it is with out them! :D

Simon

Yeah some pics would be great Simon, I've PMd you my email. Thanks.

yeah - got them, Thanks.

I'll get on roofbox and look at their options - I'm looking forward to getting out with my bike :)

Eventually got my roofbars ordered up, delivered today. I'll get them fixed on and be off exploring on my bike this weekend.

Delighted - cant wait! I've done the routes within a 25 mile radius of my house to death.

went for these ones from roofbox