What's new

Trim under the glovebox - and where would my ipod adaptor be located?

Swervin Mervin

Members
Reaction score
Car
Jazz
Two quick questions for you knowledgeable so and so's! :D

I've noticed that underneath my glovebox there isn't a piece of trim. Without having another accord to compare it to I don't know if it's normal but I would imagine than underneath the glovebox hinged door running round into the footwell there should be some kind of trim/cover on it?

Also..

My car has a cable in the glovebox to plug an iPod into.....it disappears into the area behind the glovebox. I'd like to locate the adaptor that this cable runs to. Is it likely to be behind the glovebox? What bits of trim would I need to remove to try and locate it?

Thanks muchly.

Don't think mine has any trim under there.

The adapter is probably behind the head unit, or in my case, onto of the sat nav.

Thanks for the reply Dan. So if you look up onto the underside of your glovebox there is no trim and there are wires visible? Looks a bit unfinished to me! To be fair it's only visible if you stick your head down in the footwell.

Ah. I've got the nav too! Is it a matter of removing the trim that sits on top of it, on top of the dash?

VTEC5-1.jpg

For the adapter you might have to remove the whole headunit. It is far easier than it looks and there are plenty of threads linking to a tutorial. I bought the halfrauds trim removal tool, and it was worth it IMHO.

It does depend on the original installer. My original fm adapter was buried under all the wires ontop of the amp.

For the adapter you might have to remove the whole headunit. It is far easier than it looks and there are plenty of threads linking to a tutorial. I bought the halfrauds trim removal tool, and it was worth it IMHO.

It does depend on the original installer. My original fm adapter was buried under all the wires ontop of the amp.

Thanks for the info mate. Trim removal tool sounds like a good idea.

I only wanna find the adaptor so I can flip a dip-switch on it. I've read the instructions relating to the one I've got and it is currenty set so you have to put your 'car music' into the Honda1 and Honda2 folders etc and I have to use the dash/wheel buttons to navigate to the music wheras if I flick the switch on the unit then I can use the iPod itself to control what music is being played.

That's how mine is set - but you can still use the steering wheel to skip and repeat tracks so it is the best of both worlds.

IIRC mine sits neatly betwixt the DVD drive and the bottom of the headunit so that you can get at the switches and connectors without physically taking half the car out again.

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/4567-ipod-adapter/

The trim removal link in near the top of my thread...