What's new

Trunk opening Accord.

RCP

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord EURO R
I can only open my trunk with the handle inside the car.
Since I bought the car it ain't working from outside the car. The handle / button is there, but it doesn't work.

Is this a common problem, or can someone help me where to look after?

Hi Denny,

There are multiple threads about tail gate issues, unfortunately, it's a common issue and sometimes expensive to fix.

I recommend that you check the wiring which runs from the motor to the tailgate, as often the wires wear out and break. Restarting the battery while the tailgate is opened also works sometimes.

cheers,
Alex

Saloon has a switch inside trunk to prevent the lid opening from outside. Just take a look where the trunk light is located.

I've searched for this switch, but couldn't find anything.
Is there any more specific information for this?

Thank you for the photo.

But there is no switch over there in my EURO R, even the metal plate isn't in that place.
I've searched for a little black switch all over the place, but couldn't find it.

What can I do?

Well still have this problem.

Just about the point above, I've made a picture from my car, but I don't have the switch like Matsalka posted in his picture.
I can't find one anywhere in the trunk.
Is this different in an Euro R?

2015-10-19%2018.43.54_zpskv6goxih.jpg

2015-10-19%2018.42.57_zpsnsbnci7h.jpg

check the wiring going into the trunk by the hinge. The early 7th gens had a recall where the wiring got damaged causing the lights and trunk switch to stop working