What's new

Trusted garage around Herts/Essex border

ScientistBloke

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 CDTi EX
Hi All,

recently bought an Accord (06 2.2 I-CTDI EX Tourer) and after driving VAG cars for the last 12 years its a bit of a change, some good some bad!

I've got loads of questions to ask but I'll limit myself to two...

Does anyone know of a decent, reliable and reputable garage that deals with Honda's around the Herts/Essex border? I live in Stansted (near the airport) and work in Stevenage so anyhere along that corridor would be preferrable. I need to get a full service done for starters.
Any recommendations? Or, places to avoid??

Secondly, I've noticed some rust along the very bottom edge of the passenger side front door. Is this a common place to see rust on the Accords? I'm a little dissapointed that there is any rust, but maybe this comes from my history of VAG made cars (lots of Audi's) which had no signs of any rust, at twice the age of this Accord.
If anyone has seen this type of rust occuring, was there a cause of it, or is this a design fault etc, or am I just unlucky?
Are there any easy ways to sort this?

Thanks in advance
SB

Hello Wayne I tend to use Protech Garage in Harlow they have never let me down ,

http:/harlowgarage.co.uk

Tel 01279 436778

Hi Eddie,

thanks for the tip, I've driven past there loads of times, but never used them.

I've just got a quote back for a full service (all filters, inc the fuel filter) with genuine parts, and 4 wheel tracking/alignment, for £290 all in.

What do people think? Good price?

I'd say that's not bad at all with genuine parts mate! My local garage is £130 for a service with pattern parts

i have issue with my accord ex 98k miles. brilliant car, looked after well, driven by 1 owner throughout, all motorway mileage with heavy chips on bonnet and windscreen.

However i had same problem with my rear door having rust showing at lower lip visible from standing distance. Out of curiosity i took my car to 5 star accident and repair ..... those guys are true techs...

The technician took some pics first then park the car in garage will very bright lights. He spotted the problem in couple of minutes. He said that rear door had some kind of accidental damage as the body work was not done to manufacture spec, the panel seal is not done properly leaving tint microscopic gaps at joint. When rain or wash water percolates through sides of winder done down to those panel joints causing rusting.

The repair will require full panel re doing with re doing of seal. Will cost £440 ex VAT. Ouch.... So i have left it at the moment. When iw ill get my bonnet paint redone i will get that repaired as well.

Hope it helps. will try to post pics to show more details...