What's new

Tuning issues and DPF

Ukjentn

Reaction score
Car
CU3
Hello, finally having some issues of my own and decided to ask for help here.

Issues began with DPF light coming on after doing a pull in 2nd and 3rd. As the light came on the car became obviously weaker (Reckon this is the car reducing power on purpose), and there was not much difference in light and full throttle, car is not too awful below 1,5k rpm but after this its obviously very sluggish.

So I went straight to a tuner and they did a DPF, EGR and stage 1 tune. The DPF was still in the car, I went home and started gutting the DPF but should’ve done my research and had to get another one. This time the catalytic converter is intact and only DPF part is removed, but car is still sluggish. I’ve blocked the EGR now, no change.

So the car is pretty much just like it was before I went to the tuner. Still sluggish and I noticed shift lights are no longer showing either, also fault code is no longer showing after they did the flash (Tuner said codes are just deleted from ECU or whatever). I went back but couldn’t get it sorted at this time, tuner also said cruise control was not working, haven’t tested myself. Said there also was some exhaust leak somewhere, but I can’t find it, can only hear it with a bit of throttle above 1,5krpm. This noise has been there since I bought the car and it was fine then.

Also there was some permanent fault code on rear left vehicle speed sensor if it matters.

Anyone have any ideas? I’d really appreciate any feedback.

I know exactly what this is. Unfortunately your tuner has ruined your software. Get in touch if you want it fixed correctly.