What's new

Turn off news on sound system

spoonage

Members
Reaction score
Car
Red ATR
I have a 2005 tourer with premium sound no satnav and was wondering how you take the stupid news off!!

Also how do i change the rear number plate bulbs??

News as in Travel News? Press the TA button until it's not on.

News as in the genre of radio programme hold down one of the buttons (forget which one) and then you get the genre option.

Ok will try that tomorrow thanks,

Anyone know about how to change the number plate lights??

I still get the news interupting whatever i'm listening to, any help to get rid of it?

Mohammid have you got the handbook as it shows you how to changed every bulb on the car.
Have a look hear as well

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/3682-license-plate-bulb/

No i haven't got the handbook yet but i figured out how to change the bulbs now the only problem is the stupid news interuptions

Iv nether had a problem with this on my old 7 th gen.
This almost sounds like the old RDS.
It might pay you to give HH a call and order a hand book as it has detail instructions how the system works.

I'll give them a shout tomorrow
Thanks

This is what you need to do, with the radio unit switched on:

a) Press the TA/RDS button and hold it down for more that 2 seconds, then let go
B) Press and hold down the main ON/OFF button for more that 2 seconds, then let go
c) Press the 1 button, by pressing this button you can then toggle the NEWS on or off.
d) Finally press the ON/OFF button again to return to normal mode

This is what you need to do, with the radio unit switched on:

a) Press the TA/RDS button and hold it down for more that 2 seconds, then let go
B) Press and hold down the main ON/OFF button for more that 2 seconds, then let go
c) Press the 1 button, by pressing this button you can then toggle the NEWS on or off.
d) Finally press the ON/OFF button again to return to normal mode

Thanks a million mate!

Lol, I had exactly the same problem when I bought the car, it was ****** infuriating!

I resorted to trial and error button presses, but the fix was tucked away in the manual somewhere.