What's new

Twin exhausts

spoonage

Members
Reaction score
Car
Red ATR
Was thinking about getting twin exhausts on my tourer diesel.

Would there be any power loss or issues with this?

Nope - although the tow bar mount might get in the way if you have one.

Suf (ukaccord) has had his Saloon done it sounds awesome.

Was thinking about getting twin exhausts on my tourer diesel.

Would there be any power loss or issues with this?

there shouldnt be bud :) if anything there should be an improvement(depending what type of grade steel is used etc)i noticed much more throttle response after doing mine on the saloon diesel and i also had the back boxes and mid box removed which helped quite a bit :)

Well the rubbish drain pipe on one side has been changed to a straight pipe with no back box and it does sound nice, but now i wanna get the other side done.

I thought i'd lose a little torque but your replies sound good.

Well the rubbish drain pipe on one side has been changed to a straight pipe with no back box and it does sound nice, but now i wanna get the other side done.

I thought i'd lose a little torque but your replies sound good.

make them both straight through pipes bud :D and it does sound awsome, torque remains the same,but overall throttle response has defop improved,less restrictive and more free flowing i guess :) mine has a bit of a rumble at idle and when the the revs are sitting on boost it has a deep rumble then a bit of a woosh from the turbo :lol: and iv noticed your from birmingham which is were i went from london to get my exhaust done at torqueflow ,the did awsome job too :)

make them both straight through pipes bud :D and it does sound awsome, torque remains the same,but overall throttle response has defop improved,less restrictive and more free flowing i guess :) mine has a bit of a rumble at idle and when the the revs are sitting on boost it has a deep rumble then a bit of a woosh from the turbo :lol:

The way the car is now with one straight pipe i get asked a lot whats been done to it and they think i've got rid of my ATR for this

The way the car is now with one straight pipe i get asked a lot whats been done to it and they think i've got rid of my ATR for this
:lol: im not suprised ,alot of people think mine is a petrol,it catches alot of people out when the get told its a standard diesel accord :lol:

accord twin on mine

http://s866.photobucket.com/albums/ab230/ukaccord/?action=view&current=VID_20120822_170514.mp4

Iv seen sufian exhaust in the flesh and it looks great :)

That sounds really loud, unless i heard it wrong i think i understood what was said at the beginning of the video lol

Did you get rid of the centre silencer?

Mo, it sounds like a V8 from two cars back in a convoy :lol:

Had mine done a month ago but it was way too loud inside the cabin for my liking making criusing unbearable.I took it back last week and had the back boxes swapped for much quieter ones and it's now much better- still a little louder than standard.

yeah mo mate i had the mid silencer removed as well as no back boxes,just straight pipes with 4" tailtips

make them both straight through pipes bud :D and it does sound awsome, torque remains the same,but overall throttle response has defop improved,less restrictive and more free flowing i guess :) mine has a bit of a rumble at idle and when the the revs are sitting on boost it has a deep rumble then a bit of a woosh from the turbo :lol: and iv noticed your from birmingham which is were i went from london to get my exhaust done at torqueflow ,the did awsome job too :)

I've always wanted a straight through exhaust but I remember reading a post here that warned against it because it puts extra strain on the turbo, in turn causing it to wear and eventually die quicker. Any truth in this?

Would be pretty cool to have a straight through with my twin tail pipes. For a sporty(ish) looking car it doesn't make enough of a grumble! :(

I've always wanted a straight through exhaust but I remember reading a post here that warned against it because it puts extra strain on the turbo, in turn causing it to wear and eventually die quicker. Any truth in this?

Would be pretty cool to have a straight through with my twin tail pipes. For a sporty(ish) looking car it doesn't make enough of a grumble! :(
dont know bud if it would put any extra strain on the turbo :unsure: but you defo get a rumble with the straight through pipe(mind you i still have my cat present)

Well I've been told its €60 to get a de-cat so its not bad really if it does what I'm after. I'm just afraid of it giving me grief down the road if this idea of the turbo is true! I've seen (or heard ;) ) a couple of cars around here that have had a de-cat, mainly VW and Audi's. Never seen an Accord with it done!