What's new

type-r shocks and springs on a LS

stuie

Members
Reaction score
Car
1998 1.8 v-tec
hi, i was going to upgrade the suspention on my 98 LS 1.8 and was thinking where to get some decent shocks and lowering springs. now as i understand the ATR has slighty lower springs and stiffer shocks, but what i was was wondering is weather they would be a stright swap for my LS items? and if so how much will it lower it on 15" rims on a 50 - 55 profile tyre, will it look dropped or just a sporty stance?

cheers

hi, i was going to upgrade the suspention on my 98 LS 1.8 and was thinking where to get some decent shocks and lowering springs. now as i understand the ATR has slighty lower springs and stiffer shocks, but what i was was wondering is weather they would be a stright swap for my LS items? and if so how much will it lower it on 15" rims on a 50 - 55 profile tyre, will it look dropped or just a sporty stance?

cheers

I am pretty sure that the suspension is different on the type r model and you would also need to change the upper and lower arms etc. To be honest mate its probably more hassle than its worth. If your looking to go lower and improve handling etc, I would go with a set of Eibach springs. They will drop you 30mm at the rear and between 30-35mm at the front and they fit straight onto the original struts with no modification required. They are next on my shopping list when I have my 16" wheels sorted out!

Hope this helps.

ha thanks thats what i needed to know cheers, will get some springs soon then.

Eibach FTW!!!! :lol:

Anywho, as Dave has said it's really not worth the hassle mate. Just get a set of spring that are meant for your car. :D

This accord is fifth gen. accord 1.8L, serial shocks and 6th gen TypeR springs

dsc04570.jpg

So if this combination work on 5th gen I dont see a reason why it wouldnt work on 6th gen.

Type r is a 6th so its going to fit.

The biggest difference youll find, is in the front ride height. On a 6th gen the front sits higher than the rear, on a type r the front sits lower and therefore has front rake.

This accord is fifth gen. accord 1.8L, serial shocks and 6th gen TypeR springs

dsc04570.jpg

So if this combination work on 5th gen I dont see a reason why it wouldnt work on 6th gen.

£90 for PI springs + standard shocks =

Keynes3.JPG

I have standard type r shocks and springs if you want em as i've got teins

^^^^^Now there's an offer! Might be worth sending him a Pm with a price dude.