What's new

Type S CL9 best oil?

Skaidexi

Reaction score
Car
CL9 Accord Type S
Hi!

Just got my new manual Accord Type S CL9 2006 year model. Its really nice and fun car.

Just thinking what would be the "best" recommended oil? I live in Finland so winters can be pretty cold and then summers also quite warm, not super hot tho. So far have readed little mixed info. Most of the oils would be fine like 0W-20, 0W-25, 0W-40, 5W-40 and so on...? At least per manual

Thanks for the help.

Go by the manual, that means to use an A5/B5 oil for better fuel economy or A3/B4 oil for better engine protection. As for viscosity, 0W25 is not a real viscosity. I would recommend a 0W30 viscosity.
You can visit bobistheoilguy.com for all your oil knowledge needs (not sponsored).

Go by the manual, that means to use an A5/B5 oil for better fuel economy or A3/B4 oil for better engine protection. As for viscosity, 0W25 is not a real viscosity. I would recommend a 0W30 viscosity.
You can visit bobistheoilguy.com for all your oil knowledge needs (not sponsored).
I went with Mobil1 0W40 because thats what Honda mechanic said they use this type of car when I had service done there. And also previous owner has used same one.

If you mean Mobil1 FS 0W40, that is an excellent oil. Do note, you may notice a slight drop in power and fuel economy, compared to a 0W30. But it won't hurt anything and if you're happy with it, keep using it.

If you mean Mobil1 FS 0W40, that is an excellent oil. Do note, you may notice a slight drop in power and fuel economy, compared to a 0W30. But it won't hurt anything and if you're happy with it, keep using it.
So far dont see that much difference expect VTEC around 6k rpm is little less noticible. Or maybe im just imagining.