What's new

Type s facelift lights

HUTCHINSONPD

Reaction score
Car
2013 dtec TS tourer
Hello, i have 2013 type s tourer and one of my position light bulb is off and on. Probably on it's way out.
This is good opportunity to look into improvements of the lights. Can anyone point me to what type of led bulbs should i get for position lights and ACL (Active cornering lights) would love to convert these to LEDs if possible.
I spoke with person in honda dealer and when i asked if those bulbs are connected to CAN bus fella couldn't tell me. Can anyone let me know for sure what's the deal here please?
Any feedback is greatly appreciated in advance.

No canbus on these cars. Personally I stick with old skool bulbs. I have seen to many weird failure and strange stuff with LED's installed in cars that were not designed for them.

No canbus on these cars. Personally I stick with old skool bulbs. I have seen to many weird failure and strange stuff with LED's installed in cars that were not designed for them.

Bounder, thank you very much for your opinion. I guess i will be waiting for more opinions as well. I like stock cars as well. But those yellow halogen lights with white bi-xenon lights not looking the best. I also believe that led bulbs will increase brightness of lights, therefore i see this as improvement. I'll keep you posted on this thread if I'll do anything with it

501 (W5W) are the position and H8 are the ACL light bulbs FYI

501 (W5W) are the position and H8 are the ACL light bulbs FYI
Thank you for your input.
I looked in the owner's manual already. I have a list of tested and approved bulbs i will be looking into. Got these by talking to fellow owner of facelift accord with bi-xenon lights with ACL and MBA too. If anybody wants this info, i can share